SIG Talk banner

So this just kit just showed up...

638 14
I've owned a Flux Raider for a couple years, and several thousand rounds. Love it.

But you know what? I think Strike Industries did good here.

I just think this Strike SMC is better. Just about everything is metal, other than the spare mag holder, the brace endplate and optional cheek riser, and the removable grip panels. Length of pull is better than the Flux, take the spare mag holder off and it fits in a P320 holster (weird, but it works), and they're supposed to be making another backstrap for it soon that lets you run it slick (that whole optics riser and stock attachment comes off with a few bolts) so it'd be one of the few full size all metal grip modules on the market.

Only drawback is if you run the spare mag holder, you don't have much room for a light (a PL-2 Mini will clamp on securely but controls are awkward, and a TLR-7, WILD1, TLR-1, X300 will not work at all). Hoping they come up with a better solution soon.

Some folks will say it's too expensive, but look what Icarus gets for their cancerous-looking aluminum grip modules, or even SIG for an AXG with panels and backstrap, this ain't a lot more for the basic module (everything below the slide in that picture other than the brace and mags). A Flux Raider, if you can get one direct from Flux Defense, is only about $50 cheaper, though it does include the brace.

Speaking of which, the brace is damn nice too, secure, good cheek weld with the inexpensive riser, folds to either side and works with any pic rail stock mount. Might pick up another for my BRN-180.

Plant Wood Trigger Grass Machine gun

Just as soon as I remember where I put my optic plate cover for a coyote M18 slide with Faxon comp, it's going on the SMC, and that FS slide is going back on the Raider. Which I still love.

Air gun Trigger Wood Machine gun Gun barrel
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it’s pretty slick. I would love to to a side by side compared to an MPX.
Compared to the semi-auto MPX, this and the Raider are lighter, cheaper, more compact when folded, ostensibly just as reliable, uses proven magazines that are in wide circulation, roughly the same barrel length, and more onboard ammo using 2x 21rd or 2x 30rd P320 mags.

People keep telling me these chassis PDWs are gimmicks. I disagree, if I'm stuck without a happy switch, I'd rather have the Strike MCS or the Flux Raider than 5" MPX, MP5, Scorpion, B&T, Stribog, etc, for the reasons listed above. Add full auto to the equation then I'm a player for an MPX et al over the MCS/Raider.

To pontificate some more, a semi-auto full-receiver PDW/short PCC doesn't bring anything to the table other than more rail space and (most) everything reciprocating inside the firearm. Can't change how a Browning action works, but both Flux and Strike and the aftermarket are working on closing the rail space gap.

Oh, I reckon there's the "drip" as the kids call it. These two are balling on a budget, so they lose a lot of drip points compared to the ones that are actually made as submachine guns first and civilian semi-auto versions afterwords.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Compared to the semi-auto MPX, this and the Raider are lighter, cheaper, more compact when folded, ostensibly just as reliable, uses proven magazines that are in wide circulation, roughly the same barrel length, and more onboard ammo using 2x 21rd or 2x 30rd P320 mags.

People keep telling me these chassis PDWs are gimmicks. I disagree, if I'm stuck without a happy switch, I'd rather have the Strike MCS or the Flux Raider than 5" MPX, MP5, Scorpion, B&T, Stribog, etc, for the reasons listed above. Add full auto to the equation then I'm a player for an MPX et al over the MCS/Raider.

To pontificate some more, a semi-auto full-receiver PDW/short PCC doesn't bring anything to the table other than more rail space and (most) everything reciprocating inside the firearm. Can't change how a Browning action works, but both Flux and Strike and the aftermarket are working on closing the rail space gap.

Oh, I reckon there's the "drip" as the kids call it. These two are balling on a budget, so they lose a lot of drip points compared to the ones that are actually made as submachine guns first and civilian semi-auto versions afterwords.
In my experience and that of many others, a fixed barrel will generally suppress more reliably than a tilting barrel. So for me it’s the APC 9/10 PRO and MCX. I score the “PCC” a distinct advantage in the category. Additionally I can bury the can in a hand guard and not worry about the suppressor temp.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I've owned a Flux Raider for a couple years, and several thousand rounds. Love it.
A Flux Raider, if you can get one direct from Flux Defense, is only about $50 cheaper, though it does include the brace.
Speaking of which, the brace is damn nice too, secure, good cheek weld with the inexpensive riser, folds to either side and works with any pic rail stock mount. Might pick up another for my BRN-180.
Just as soon as I remember where I put my optic plate cover for a coyote M18 slide with Faxon comp, it's going on the SMC, and that FS slide is going back on the Raider. Which I still love.

View attachment 489732
Question: What i I wanted to keep my Red-Dot on the slide?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In my experience and that of many others, a fixed barrel will generally suppress more reliably than a tilting barrel. So for me it’s the APC 9/10 PRO and MCX. I score the “PCC” a distinct advantage in the category. Additionally I can bury the can in a hand guard and not worry about the suppressor temp.
Never got into the whole suppressor thing myself. Got one SiCo .30 can in the safe that hasn't been attached to anything in a couple years since I got rid of my .300 BLK. Have ASR flash hiders on several other rifles, but it still doesn't get used.

Too much hassle, too little return for me. I understand the appeal and the use cases, just ain't my thing. So, personally, I award no points for suppressor use.

Nope, no clearance.

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Had a few minutes to kill, and had already beat the other horses. So……I read the thread. 🤷‍♂️ Had to look up drip, and then convince myself that it wasn’t an insult anymore. 😳

So…. If the purpose of your handgun, is to fight your way back to your rifle, then this is for when you get tired during that fight, and need a break. 🧐

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Wow! Sorry, just not for me. It’s a great country, and we all get to choose what to spend our money on. That thing looks like a jr. high boys fantasy project. Only thing missing is an OTF bayonet and a miniature grenade launcher. 😁

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I stand corrected, you can simply remove that sight riser and run a slide-mount optic just fine.

And I'm going to say this one more time then shut up, don't knock these braced chassis until you try them. You may not like the form, but by God they function.

And here it is mostly done, complete with Olight for even more FUDD scorn. :)

Machine gun Trigger Air gun Motor vehicle Toy

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Another conversion kit:

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Laser guns

1 - 15 of 15 Posts