SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes fall is here, and starting to get cooler. That being said I was thinking this morning, man it is going to get cold in the garage loading shot gun shells. So I had an idea, how about making a portable loading table for my shotgun loader.
I could then load in the comfort of a warm room instead of a cold garage. I was going to make it out of 4X4's and 2X4's, you know super strong! Then the light bulb went on! Maybe I could find an old school AV or movie projector stand (they are mobile). So the quest began and I found one! All I had to do is reinforce the top a little. (hello 3/4in plywood) Long story short, here it is:

I'm dying to try it out! I just have to adjust the drop chute a little and I will be ready to go. This platform would also work with centerfire loaders like, Dillon, and Hornady. Food for thought. It is 42 inches high by the way. Perfect height.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
I converted the spare bedroom into my reloading, guitar and toy (RC buggies and truggies) room.

I also installed a vintage stereo system consisting of my Marantz 2270 receiver, a pair of Infinity speakers with EMIT tweeters, old Bose 301, Sony CD player and Technics SL Q2 turntable. I load in the comfort of my home with accompanying music to boot :D.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I just like to re-purpose things. A heavy duty AV stand works great. I am also able to move it out of the way when not in use. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hot part of CA...waiting for it to cool down so I can start reloading again (all my stuffs in the garage, though I do keep primers and powder in the house)

·
Banned
17,715 Posts
When I was in college I reloaded on an old end table I bought at a yard sale for something like $1.00

It worked for a couple of years for me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I wish I had your problem!! my garage is like an oven down here in Florida! When I lived in New York, it got cold in my garage, so a small electric heater helped.. I’ll take that any day instead of this heat!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts