SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new user from the damp oregon woods. Just picked up my first sig sauer firearm a couple days ago, and was blessed with a few hours of rare sunshine this afternoon that gave me a chance to put it through its paces. Holy smokes, what a lovely pistol! It's one of the new Talo model 226 ase's, essentially identical to the elite stainless, but with the alloy frame. I had a chance to try out a friend's legion, and liked it, but I'm a woodworker, so I'm kind of a sap for purty wood grips, so I was stoked to see the new talo model. Seemed like the perfect cross between the 226 sse and the Legion (and a little cheaper to boot!). After about 500 rounds, I'm as happy as a hog in slop! I fed it seven different types of ammo: 115 gr blazer and independence fmj plinkers, 147 gr win fmj's and jhp's, Hornady critical defense 115 gr ftx, critical duty +p 135 gr flexlocks and (my favorites) American gunner +p 124 gr xtp. It ate everything with ZERO issues. The short reset trigger feels silky smooth and spent rounds landed in a nice orderly pile. The grip is a little bulkier than I'm used to (my primary pistols are S&W 1911 e series and 686 revolver), but it points and shoots really naturally. I could babble on like a schoolgirl, but I'm curious if anyone else has any feedback on this model. I'm thinking my next buy may have to be a sig in the 1911 family. The nightmare fastback looks pretty snazzy, as does the emperor scorpion. Any suggestions for a newbie?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Welcome from the Buckeye state.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Welcome. I recently purchased the 1911 Nightmare Fastback edition in 357 sig. it really makes me look like a great shooter. Extremely accurate and extremely fun.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Welcome to the site, and congrats on the purchase of a fantastic pistol! Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Welcome from your neighbor to the south.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pictures.... it cycled through all seven of these different ammo types with no problems of any kind. Best group came from the Hornady 'American Gunner' +p 124 gr xtp's, but that could easily chalked up to blind luck on the part of the operator. At $17-23/box I didn't get too carried away with testing the Hornady rounds!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
Greetings and welcome to SigTalk from Alaska.

Very nice !!! congrats

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.