SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal??? There's this small little gap when the bolt is closed all the way.

No bullet chambered, did not ride the bcg closed, pushed the forward assist and this is as far as it goes. Also, this is not a Sig AR15... It's a brand new Geissele Super Duty.

Just wondering if y'alls non-Sig AR's look like this too??

My Virtus does not look like this but I can't compare the two as the bcg's are different.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
21,595 Posts
Apparently, it is something with the design. If you zoom in on this pic of a Geissele Super Duty upper, you will see the same thing.

Geissele has really put a lot of work into his design because he developed them for law enforcement use. I'm sure it isn't a screw up, but I don't know enough to suggest why it is made that way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's some damn good super sleuthing right there! Thank you, Sir! My mind is at ease now haha.

Apparently, it is something with the design. If you zoom in on this pic of a Geissele Super Duty upper, you will see the same thing.

Geissele has really put a lot of work into his design because he developed them for law enforcement use. I'm sure it isn't a screw up, but I don't know enough to suggest why it is made that way.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The actual breech face in this rifle design is not what you're looking at through the ejection port. The bolt carrier is visible, not the bolt itself.

The bolt engagement is locked up front against the cartridge base by the rotation of the bolt inserted into the star structure of the barrel's breech end.

This refers to the patents on the design;

https://patentswarm.com/patents/US10436530B2

The drawings will show you the relationships you can't see from the outside.

Reactions: jcrisp

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Nothing wrong there, blast away!

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you want some extra piece of mind, get a set of "Go/No Go" gauges to verify that the headspace is within spec. Too little headspace means increased pressure which is not good. Hate to be a Debbie Downer.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
OP,
Any AR 15/AR 10 BCG has that break/bevel by design.

Shoot it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts