SIG Talk banner

"SLING" style bag, light, conceal carry option???

1762 Views 17 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  usmcxd
So, I am researching the possibility of finding a "Sling" style conceal carry daypack, that would allow me to carry my firearm, and some other items on board (iPad, phone charger, etc.) at the same time. However, I do not want it to be an obvious "tactical" curbside look.

I've seen some different ones out there, but landing what I'm wanting has been very difficult. Not wanting something that looks like a fanny pack on a vertical strap. :eek:

It would be nice if it had a designated compartment or "system" in place for inserting a holster for the pistol, etc.

If you have any ideas, please post your thoughts here.

Thank you!!!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
6,606 Posts

· Registered
505 Posts
I've been very happy with my Drago Atlus sling bag. I debabged it, removed some clips and MOLLE webbing. Looks like any backpack but now has Velcro holster and mag pouches. Carries my MacBook and work stuff just fine.

· Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,082 Posts
So, I am researching the possibility of finding a "Sling" style conceal carry daypack, that would allow me to carry my firearm, and some other items on board (iPad, phone charger, etc.) at the same time. However, I do not want it to be an obvious "tactical" curbside look.

I've seen some different ones out there, but landing what I'm wanting has been very difficult. Not wanting something that looks like a fanny pack on a vertical strap. :eek:

It would be nice if it had a designated compartment or "system" in place for inserting a holster for the pistol, etc.

If you have any ideas, please post your thoughts here.

Thank you!!!
Go to Walmart.com search for "men's shoulder bags"... find someone that can sew, and install heavy duty Velcro loop on inside back panel. Then sew heavy duty Velcro hook to a nylon holster, and nylon mag pouch, and place where you want. Here is just one example... of what they carry...

Attachments

· Registered
295 Posts
I have several Maxpedition Gearslinger and Versipacks for concealed carry. Highly recommended them. Very well made. I picked a couple up from the blade forums.exchange section. Used but like new. And reasonably priced.

· 🎖USAF Veteran
1,203 Posts
I use a carryall bag from Gun Tote'n Mamas.
https://www.amazon.com/Gun-Toten-Mamas-Concealed-Shoulder/dp/B00CKXSO1W
I carry it over my head and cross body so it can't be snatched off my shoulder. It has a steel wire sewn into the strap, so it can't be sliced. The holster attaches with velcro so it can be setup for either right or left hand draw. It is NOT large enough to carry an iPad, but I carry my SP2022, a hair brush, hand sanitizer, note pad, pen and pencil, flash light, my wallet, a pair of reading glasses, and a few other small things.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think this one has exactly what you're looking for. I bought it to use as a "get home" bag. It has the front gun pocket and doesn't look too tactical. The holster attaches inside with Velcro but is not included. It has worked well for me so far.

5.11 Tactical Concealed Carry COVRT Zone Assault Pack
Thanks for sharing. Needing something a little taller of my application. The search continues... :D

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I use a carryall bag from Gun Tote'n Mamas.
https://www.amazon.com/Gun-Toten-Mamas-Concealed-Shoulder/dp/B00CKXSO1W
I carry it over my head and cross body so it can't be snatched off my shoulder. It has a steel wire sewn into the strap, so it can't be sliced. The holster attaches with velcro so it can be setup for either right or left hand draw. It is NOT large enough to carry an iPad, but I carry my SP2022, a hair brush, hand sanitizer, note pad, pen and pencil, flash light, my wallet, a pair of reading glasses, and a few other small things.
Nice, just not tall enough for what I'm needing it for. :(

Thanks for the note.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have several Maxpedition Gearslinger and Versipacks for concealed carry. Highly recommended them. Very well made. I picked a couple up from the blade forums.exchange section. Used but like new. And reasonably priced.
Nice options. In some ways, too big, but they appear to be well made and resourceful for sure. :cool:

Thanks for the suggestion.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Go to Walmart.com search for "men's shoulder bags"... find someone that can sew, and install heavy duty Velcro loop on inside back panel. Then sew heavy duty Velcro hook to a nylon holster, and nylon mag pouch, and place where you want. Here is just one example... of what they carry...
Thanks for sharing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.