SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I'm an idiot and have only used pretty basic slings before. The one that came with the MCX doesn't fall into that category, so I'm not sure exactly how it's best attached.

I know the QD in the back is plug-n-play, so to speak, but the piece for the front rail has to be put on. So does it goes right onto the rail (it fits, and I can tighten the hex down and make it work no problem) or am I supposed to use that other package first (the keymod rail) and then put the QD on that part instead?

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
Guys, is $1700 a decent price for an 11.5 mcx in 5.56?
It has the shoulder - stock - whatever the heck they call it too...

I apologize o.p. im not tryin to jack your thread.
Just when yall get time.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Yeah, SIG ships different slings with their rifles, but mine came with a 3-point sling. Most guys train with a 2-point or single point slings, but these 3-points can work fine too. I use a Magpul sling that can quickly convert from single to 2 point setup that's very handy depending on whether you're moving around a lot, or standing in a holding position with your rifle.

Sling handling techniques are usually taught early in a tactical or AR rifle class. You would greatly enjoy - and learn a bunch in those classes too.

There are some good AR sling videos on YouTube too. Search for these and include '3 point' in the search for your SIG strap too.

EDIT: Here's a good 4 minutes on AR sling use

https://youtu.be/FkFQYOdrG5w

I tried using the rail QD included with my MCX, but never really liked that attachment. FYI, I have iron sights, a scope or reflex sight and a flashlight mount on my top rail, so it's full. I've used a keymod QD on the handguard's side that works great. Here's the QD I have

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WHIY6JE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.