SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've shot a couple thousand of rounds through my mk25 and noticed this whilst cleaning.. I used Ballistol as lubricant... probably should have used grease right away. I have recently bought and greased it, but haven't shot since I've noticed the wearing. Any idea what I should do? Just continue to grease it? Should I/ could I even send it in? Would they take it back? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,535 Posts
The only way I know of to prevent wear is to NOT shoot them. Use grease on the rails and keep shooting. Yours doesn't look bad. No point in sending it to SIG; they will not refinish a frame.

·
Registered
599 Posts
If you would try Weapon Shield grease it would reduce the wear a lot.
But like others have posted you have to expect some contact wear on Alloy frames and steel slides.
As the bbl. is locked at time of rounds fires,the frame wear does not effect accurate shooting.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Yours looks a lot like mine. Likes to wear faster on one side. Lube the crap out of it, otherwise, when shooting, check to see your rail when the slide locks back. Is the grease still there or if the slide wipes it off.

My p229 in .40, after it's first thousand rounds.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
If it slides, grease it. If it rotates, oil it.

Rule of thumb.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Mine P226 frame slide is getting same marks even I do lube these slides properly every time. Mine is about 1k rounds total with two slides 40sw & 9mm. I changed from slide glide to Tw25 to see if it will be better, but I believe this is normal for the P226. And yes one side is worse than another for some reson.

Owners of german made P226, are you getting these marks as well?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Fjgiie, how many rounds, how many +P, and what did you use for lube with this P226?
Bought that P226 stated as like new condition a couple of months ago. I myself put 10 rounds through it after cleaning and lubing with TW25b. Both sides of the frame rails look like that picture all the way down.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So the rails showed little wear (they were black) before firing? Then you lubed with grease and one range trip, they look as they appear in the photo?

I have similiar wear on my P226.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
So the rails showed little wear (they were black) before firing? Then you lubed with grease and one range trip, they look as they appear in the photo?

I have similiar wear on my P226.
No, the like new pistol was not like new but with rails as you see. Ten rounds won't do anything.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The term "like new" means different things to different people. Anyone who would sell a gun with that kind of wear 'like new' is being purposely deceptive... Did you complain to the seller, or just take it in the shorts?

·
Registered
60 Posts
These frame rail wear threads puzzle me, since most SiGs shown here and elsewhere do exhibit at least some wear with anodizing worn through to the aluminum, yet Flork's lube guidance asserts frames with aluminum showing are scrap...not sure I understand this.

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
These frame rail wear threads puzzle me, since most SiGs shown here and elsewhere do exhibit at least some wear with anodizing worn through to the aluminum, yet Flork's lube guidance asserts frames with aluminum showing are scrap...not sure I understand this.

This is especially true of the P938s.

It was my first weapon purchase (six months ago) and after the first range trip, MANY parts of the rails had gone from new black to bright aluminum, which freaked a noob to weapons like me out, but all responses to my panicked thread told me all was quite normal. Go figure.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts