SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy way to track the Slide on my new P365 that doesn’t involve pinching a finger in the Ejection Port? Do the slides break in after many rounds so that it doesn’t over tax my hand strength. I have no problem with a 226.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hold the grip firmly with your dominate hand near the center of your torso pointed in safe direction.

Use your off hand to grip the top of the slide behind the extractor.
Your palm should be against the slide with your fingers over the top with a firm grip on the other side.

Drive the pistol forward with your dominant hand that is holding the grip.

When the slide is completely to the rear release it with your top hand.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. I guess my hands are older than I thought?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Spend some time at the range & run some ammo thru it.
Mine was stiff @ 1st as well, but after 400 rds and being cleaned/oiled 2x I have no problems (and my left hand is pretty crappy). Most of the 'gritty' feel I noticed in the trigger has eased as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an SAS so the grooves might be shallower than the other 365s? I will lube and exercise it. I am sure you guys are right. I just never went so far over to the dark side with a new gun. I am spoiled after playing with some friends’ STIs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Shoot the heck out of it. You can also leave the slide locked back when not in use for a week or so, this will help with lessening spring tension. It has worked for me on other firearms.
***of course, make sure the gun is UNLOADED***

·
Registered
545 Posts
You might check out "arachnigrip. It provides more friction to grasp the slide, making it easier to rack the slide.
I put them on both of my P365s.
Work great for old fingers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, that’s a great idea and at the moment a lot cheaper than paying for non-existing ammo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine was hard with the 12 rd mag inserted. The first post in this thread is on the right track. Keep the muzzle always pointed in a safe direction while gripping the grip hard with your dominant hand and place your other hand over the middle of the slide. Bring the gun close in toward the center of your body. Grip the slide as hard as you can with your non-dominant hand, keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. Quickly push with both your hands toward each other. When the slide gets all the way back, let go completely and don't ride it. If your hands are weak, exercize them to build them up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am working on my timing so that I don’t automatically ride it! Thanks!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hold the grip firmly with your dominate hand near the center of your torso pointed in safe direction.

Use your off hand to grip the top of the slide behind the extractor.
Your palm should be against the slide with your fingers over the top with a firm grip on the other side.

Drive the pistol forward with your dominant hand that is holding the grip.

When the slide is completely to the rear release it with your top hand.
This technique is pretty popular and is demonstrated in several youtube videos. I prefer the simpler slingshot technique - grab the rear serations using your non-dominant thumb and forefinger then pull the slide back using that hand and "drive the pistol forward with your dominant hand". Then let go just like you would "shoot" a slingshot. In both cases you're using the strength of both hands/arms to get the job done.

Take care if you follow the advice regarding exercising to increase your grip strength. Apparently, I overdid that and ended up with chronic tendonitis in my dominant arm.

Reactions: Pompton
1 - 20 of 33 Posts