SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Sigs. Have to say I totally love the quality, feel and performance of my P320c. I did notice something odd but can't exactly find the reason. When I put the weapon in battery and dry fire it I can see the slide pop up ever so slightly in the back. It's not effecting performance I don't think because I am more accurate with this weapon than most of my other firearms.

What's causing this and should I look into it further?

Thanks

·
Registered
812 Posts
What you describe is perfectly normal. What causes it is the change in the contact points between the slide and frame when the striker is released.

When a P320 is cocked, the points of slide-to-frame contact include:
  • the four FCU tabs that go into the slide's rails;
  • the slide holding the recoil spring against the barrel as it rides on the slide release lever pin in the FCU, and;
  • the sear holding the striker back under tension.

When you pull the trigger and release the striker, a previously-tensioned contact point between the frame and slide ceases to exist and the slide shifts a tiny bit in relationship to the frame as a result of that change.

@MoRivera created an excellent animation of the P320 sear and striker that provides a good idea of how the slide is held downward while the striker is cocked and can move up once the striker is released.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What you describe is perfectly normal. What causes it is the change in the contact points between the slide and frame when the striker is released.

When a P320 is cocked, the points of slide-to-frame contact include:
  • the four FCU tabs that go into the slide's rails;
  • the slide holding the recoil spring against the barrel as it rides on the slide release lever pin in the FCU, and;
  • the sear holding the striker back under tension.

When you pull the trigger and release the striker, a previously-tensioned contact point between the frame and slide ceases to exist and the slide shifts a tiny bit in relationship to the frame as a result of that change.

@MoRivera created an excellent animation of the P320 sear and striker that provides a good idea of how the slide is held downward while the striker is cocked and can move up once the striker is released.

Ahhh... thanks for the explanation and that little video. I appreciate it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts