SIG Talk banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yep. Same thing here but I decided to just leave the forum for a while. For me, it went south yesterday between 0815 or so until some time in the afternoon. Tried it - failed, left and tried it again later. No joy.

Figured it was down for maintenance or something but reported today because it's not as random as I thought it was.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have to wonder if these slowdowns are related to system backups or database updates. I see them from time to time on many of my sites, but they're rarely horribly disruptive.

Neil

·
Premium Member
16,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
38 seconds to post this.

4/10/18 0613.

More importantly, site now comes up as not secure. What's going on guys.??

Attachments

·
Administrator
36,927 Posts
I've got the same issue - Not secure - the site is running sluggishly at best. Refresh time runs 40-50 seconds. And it's not my connection - all other sites fly when accessed.

·
Premium Member
16,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have to wonder if these slowdowns are related to system backups or database updates. I see them from time to time on many of my sites, but they're rarely horribly disruptive.

Neil
I can't believe that is the issue Neil. There's no company on the planet that does that many backups in a day.

Obviously, we don't know where the problem may lie but performance has dropped of far to frequently to be backups or updates.

The fact the site comes up as not secure now indicates potential threats from insecure servers - which means the site may be compromised, or has been moved to new servers.

Reactions: incar

·
Administrator
814 Posts
Sorry for the late reply on this,

The "not secure" thing you're seeing is related to HTTPS/SSL not installed on the forum.
Although that has nothing to do with the performance of the site.

When the Database Error message came up, was this consistently not working when entering the site? If so, a mod or admin would need to report that to our sitedown email address given to them. Usually, this is just a hiccup within the forum software.

May I ask if you guys have any extensions on? If so, can you guys turn it off and see if there are any improvements in performance? Sometimes certain extensions cause slowdowns.

Ed

·
Premium Member
16,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have no extensions running in the background that I am aware of.

Know that SigTalk used to run quite fast on my system. It is now consistently slower, at times, too slow to fool with and I simply log off the move on.

I'm retired now but have been in the industry most of my life, recently closing PC Solutions, Inc. after 30 years of successfully supporting major corporate clients. I do know a little about how things should run. I'm on a gigabit connection and a high end - high horsepower machine - it's fast. SigTalk is the only site/forum I use that has become a problem navigating and that problem is a recent issue.

Why is SSL not configured now?

Don't know what's going on Ed, but it's degrading forum performance.

Reactions: incar

·
Administrator
36,927 Posts
I'm still getting database errors as I posted yesterday. In fact, just had one while trying to make this post. Had to refresh 3 times to get the refresh to work. I have no issues whatsoever on other VS sites - I checked to make sure it wasn't on my end. It's not. Quite the case of hiccups here :D

·
Premium Member
16,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Same here. This is really getting old. A forum that can't be reached isn't a forum any longer.

C'mon guys/gals. Let's get this resolved - please.

DB Error 4/10/18 1011hrs

Attachments

·
Administrator
36,927 Posts
7 minute downtime this go around. They must have refreshed the DB since actions I took in the system that were verified taken before the DB error reappeared after the down time. Had to just redo those actions for the third time today.

·
Administrator
36,927 Posts
4/14/18 0840 - 0859 Site was completely down

Performance now at 0900 is sluggish at best

·
Premium Member
16,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Personally, there has been very little improvement in performance from my original post, and a significant degradation of performance to the point that the past couple days, when I was on the site, I got frustration and simply logged off.

The problem with the site being down was not just on your end this morning Incar - it was down.

VS needs to get this resolved.

·
Administrator
814 Posts
Hey there,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

We got the notice on the site down during the weekend and tried our best to get it running as soon as possible. Our office is closed on the weekend thus, it may have taken a while to get it up and running.

Please continue to report these site downs so we can pinpoint the issue,

Cheers,

Ed

·
Premium Member
16,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Just FYI for clarification Ed.

The site has been unavailable numerous times since early Friday.
The site performance has been unacceptably slow and degrading since late March.
The site has been available and performing reasonably [but still slow] since Friday and when navigating, stalled too long to continue.

I quit noting specific issues and times because it appeared the reports were either a waste of time or no one was paying attention to them.

It seems a little bizarre to me that a company responsible for site/forums this active and this good - don't have staff working on weekends.

I do appreciate your candidness Ed. Hope you have a great day.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts