SIG Talk banner

Simplify, or Diversify?

• Collect more P226's and train on those

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Keep your P320's - variety is the spice of life!

Votes: 10 34.5%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last year or longer I've been falling out of love with my P320's - one is a gen1 X-Five and the other is a pretty tricked out Full size w/ Jagerwerks slide, RMR, GG trigger, etc. Simultaneously, I fall more in love with my P226 SSE every time I shoot it. Really starting to consider dumping the P320's and using the proceeds to buy a P226 Elite, a holster, and more ammo.

Good idea or bad idea?

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Wood

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

·
Registered
740 Posts
There's no right or wrong answer here. I had couple of stiker fire before but sold them and went Sig DA/SA exclusively. Just my preference and also I like the idea that I can pick up any of my Sigs half sleep and the operation are all the same.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's no right or wrong answer here. I had couple of stiker fire before but sold them and went Sig DA/SA exclusively. Just my preference and also I like the idea that I can pick up any of my Sigs half sleep and the operation are all the same.
That's pretty much my thinking. "Fear the man who has one gun" type of logic - I think I'd rather be very proficient on one style of gun that I truly enjoy than have a collection of mis-matched guns that I only marginally enjoy. Makes deciding which gun to grab on the way to the range a bit easier too.

Leaning hard toward buying a P226 Elite and using it as my home defense gun that, in case of the worst, I won't mind if it ends up in an evidence locker. I'd hate for that to happen to my beloved SSE.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn, that 226 is pretty hawt.

I know, not helping. :)
Thank you. It's an SSE model upgraded with a Sig Armorer Super Strut, Grayguns FAT guide rod, Hogue/GG grip panels, and a Surefire x300u-B. Also have a Sig Pro Cut slide with a BarSto threaded barrel, GG FAT guide rod, and Trijicon SRO which is a total blast to shoot. Silencer is a SilencerCo Omega 9K. Gets hot pretty fast but it works very well on this platform, and is a superb option for home defense.

When I make this move to sell the P320's I plan to get a P226 Elite with identical upgrades. Maybe even a Legion SAO down the road. I don't have the budget nor interest to have a ton of guns in the safe, so that may wait a few years. Have my eye on a new O/U clays gun after this next pistol...

·
Registered
16,800 Posts
For the last year or longer I've been falling out of love with my P320's - one is a gen1 X-Five and the other is a pretty tricked out Full size w/ Jagerwerks slide, RMR, GG trigger, etc. Simultaneously, I fall more in love with my P226 SSE every time I shoot it. Really starting to consider dumping the P320's and using the proceeds to buy a P226 Elite, a holster, and more ammo.

Good idea or bad idea?

View attachment 478392

View attachment 478393

View attachment 478394

View attachment 478395
SUPER IDEA. I've got three P226s Equinox and Extreme in 40/357 Sig and Elite SAO in 9MM.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,661 Posts
Variety is supposedly the "Spice of Life"... but you need to do what works best for you! If these were all in an EDC rotation, I could see where different Manual of Arms, could cause a momentary lapse or inaction, which could be detrimental. Otherwise if just for enjoyment, or range use, it's no big deal.

While I have a variety of Hammer fired Sigs, I also still have many 1911s, as well as double action revolvers, a Beretta 96/92 "G" conversion, and a Browning Hi Power... but I just normally EDC, my DA/SA Sigs!

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
It’s easy to fall in love with any Sig SSE! I can’t argue at all against having a family of P226’s. But, I also strongly support diversity in firearms ownership. I really appreciate the challenge of mastering (or at least continually handling) different firearms. Not just pistols! However, there still remains the small intimate number of them that I carry.
I myself, was never really interested in the original X-5. A friend has one. I have shot it a lot. It’s just not my thing.
But concerning the P320 platform as a whole, IMHO, it’s a very good pistol.
I am one of those who enjoys and respects the Sig Classic P series hammer guns. They are great.
But once I handled the P320 AXG (Alloy frame), I am all in with them! They are very fine pistols in all respects.
So, after all that, you need to do what you are comfortable with.
I personally started limiting calibers instead of pistol model or brand. But that’s just me. 😎

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a P320 X Compact and I really like the gun I was just a little edgy carrying it with one in the tube.
I came from a background of double action single action and I recently went back to that when I finally was able
to get a M11-A1 and I truly like that gun better for my needs, I thought about selling the P320 but Something just tells me to hang on to it and wait and see what the future has in store, guns are like money in the bank
I wish I still had all the guns that I had through my 70 years but I would either get tired of them
or need the money and off they would go just a thought.

·
Registered
P230 .40 full and compact. P229 for carry Let’s go Brandon!!!
337 Posts
I have a P320 X Compact and I really like the gun I was just a little edgy carrying it with one in the tube.
I’m not nervous while carrying with one chambered, I get the willys putting mine in the holster and having to make sure there’s nothing the trigger’s going to get snagged on.
That’s where the p2’s are nice, being able to ride the hammer with my thumb while holstering.

·
Registered
694 Posts
My P229 is off to see the SA wizard but I hear it's coming back this week.

Before sending off, I was all but convinced I was going to get rid of my P320, which is an amazing gun in it's own right>> Legion FCU, Icarus Precision/ AXG/ LOK grips, .40/ 357 slide. It 'was' my favorite gun EVAR!!!.. until I had a few sessions, back to back with the unmodified P229 Elite/ stainless frame.

After 100 rounds in each, I was sideways at the P320. When the P229 comes back this week, I can see it walking the P320 to the door.

To echo this 'feeling' I just shot a new to me, P227 with a 5" threaded barrel on it. After the first mag, I was all smiles.. then shot my P320 and I got that same, 'sell it' vibe.

I want a P224 and P226 and P220 10mm (Elite- stainless frame). Likely those will be my next 3 handguns, in whatever order I find a good deal.

> :O That new DIY P320 kit from the Sig Armorer ($340) is probably the only thing that will make me change my mind.. but $340 is $1/4ish on the way to a new P-series so likely..
my vote, stick with P-series.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts

Reactions: ben.b
1 - 20 of 35 Posts