SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with the Silencerco threaded barrels? I have an Osprey that is going to be in jail for quite some time but I did recently pick up another can and qualified for Silencerco's $200 online store rebate. I'm trying to decide whether or not to go with their threaded barrel or just use the credit towards pistons and other odds and ends.

I will be attaching the Osprey to my 226 Legion. Should I get the Sig factory TB or the Silencerco? Are there benefits either way?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
I have the Silencerco P226 9mm threaded barrel. It's GTG, I chose this over the SIG OEM barrel due to the thread pitch on the Silencerco. My older AAC EVO-9 does not disassemble at all, I need the 1/2-28 RH pitch of the Silencerco, not offered by SIG.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I went with the SilencerCo barrel for my P226 MK25, too. I loathe and despise those stupid 13.5 LH threads. I hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em. I like being able to take my Octane 45HD out to the range with the 1/2-28RH piston and three different suppressor ready pistols and not need to worry about swapping out pistons.

I've only got a couple of hundred rounds of 9mm through that SilencerCo barrel, but it was an easy drop in fit, shoots exceptionally well unsuppressed (we were shooting at 65 yards and able to hit softball sized targets on the shooting mound with regularity), and equally well suppressed (in terms of accuracy). I didn't really notice much of a change in POI when going from can to no can. The only issue I ran into was the slide of my MK25 not consistently cycling when shooting subsonic ammo; no issues at all with standard loads. But I think that's more attributed to the weight of the Octane 45HD combined with the heft of the MK25 slide than anything else - the SilencerCo barrel was doing what it was supposed to do without any issues at all.

Get one one of those SilencerCo barrels. All the cool kids are doing it! :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Reactions: phlyers13

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to choose between the Chrome/Phosphate threaded Sig barrel or the Silencerco to mount an Osprey on. Pretty sure I'm going to go with the Sig barrel as the threads will be the same as whats on the HK's we have. Guessing I'll use that rebate towards the Black Nitrided 5 piston kit.

Anyone else care to share their opinions on these barrels?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts