SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering sending my P-229R to the SIG Custom shop for service. For those of you who have done this, is there a difference (other than price) between the SIG Service Plan and the combination of the Night Sight & Full Service Packages? It looks to me like the Service Plan includes both of the other packages at a very reasonable cost.

The $55 shipping looks attractive, as well. I assume this is shipped from and then back to my FFL? I'm in Michigan, if it helps.

Thanks!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,597 Posts
I am considering sending my P-229R to the SIG Custom shop for service. For those of you who have done this, is there a difference (other than price) between the SIG Service Plan and the combination of the Night Sight & Full Service Packages? It looks to me like the Service Plan includes both of the other packages at a very reasonable cost.

The $55 shipping looks attractive, as well. I assume this is shipped from and then back to my FFL? I'm in Michigan, if it helps.

Thanks!
Unless I'm wrong... and it's possible... the shipping would be from you to Sig, and back to your address. An FFL is not needed from a firearm owner to the licensed manufacturer, or gunsmith for firearm repair, and return, the $55 is for the shipping charges both ways. They will send you the necessary shipping labels with postage to use. The Sig Service Plan is what you want, if you want Sig Lite tritium sights included with the Full Service Package for $144.95.

Reactions: Jonzim48

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
I sent a P226 to Sig for their Full Service Package, and I sent it from a local FedEx terminal, and Sig sent it back to me. I had to sign for it, but that is desired. The best thing to do is contact Sig directly to enquire about the differences in the service plans. That is what I did, and I was not disappointed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just sent my 220 back to sig for the nickle upgrade package and new sights. They send it back with a written report, test fire and hopefully serviced. I had to call because I saw nothing on their site, but it was a seamless transaction. Shipping from me at the regional fedex - the stores wont ship firearms, and sig sends it back to me, sig required lol

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I sent an older p220 for the spa treatment and was very pleased with the results. They even sent back the parts they replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts