·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: BruceNorthEast

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yeah don't get me going on the iron sight issue. Bought an MPX back in February and they did not come with iron sights.. IMO its a bad business decision on their part to not ship iron sights.

Ron

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Just wish they came with flip up iron sights.
My M400 came with no flip up iron sights but with the Sig Sauer CP1.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I was told by Sig that they will not be shipping iron sights because most will go with a red dot or something similar. Again not a good business decision.

Ron

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I was told by Sig that they will not be shipping iron sights because most will go with a red dot or something similar. Again not a good business decision.

Ron
Good for Magpul though! I still run BUIS cowitnessed with a red dot sight.

Reactions: sigarysea

·
Registered
840 Posts
I bought the new M400 Elite today. Did not shoot it yet but its a really a good looking rifle. Shoulders nicely and feels really good in the hand.

Ron
I spent some time with an instructor from Sig Academy at the NRA in Atlanta. I'm new to AR market and he did not hesitate on picking M400 Elite. Said it's a gun you'll use for years.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not bad looking

I wish they went mid length system instead of carbine. Especially in those pics with free float rail, don't look right

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I didn't wait for the M400 Elite. I went with the M&P 15T with iron sights, the same free floating hand guard as the Elite and a 1 in 8 twist rate. The M&P had a trigger very similar to the Geissele S3G, but I replaced the trigger with an MBT because I usually prefer a two stage trigger.

I prefer the 1 in 8 twist rate, but only time will tell if it does well with a wider variety of ammo weights.

Bill

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Good for Magpul though! I still run BUIS cowitnessed with a red dot sight.
I NEVER shoot a red dot AR without cowitnessing with BUIS. I have had red dots die SEVERAL times while shooting. Once during a tactical course and other times at the range.

·
Registered
29 Posts
3 weeks ago, I bought the M400 Elite and then added the MagPul MBUS iron sights - they co-witnessed perfectly with the Romeo of the M400!

I just ordered the Geiselle SSA-Enhanced Trigger and as soon as I get that installed, I'll be running to the range!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anyone provide some info on the elite's barrel and bcg?
What's the barrel's composition? Finish? Twist rate?
Is the bolt standard or m16? Is the bcg chrome lined, nickle boron, nothing fancy?
Can't seem to find any info on them.

Update: Ok, I figured out the barrel is 1:7 twist, nitride treated. Still looking for info in the bcg.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll be purchasing my m400 elite ti ar-15 soon...

I bought the new M400 Elite today. Did not shoot it yet but its a really a good looking rifle. Shoulders nicely and feels really good in the hand.

Ron
You, LORD, Keep My Lamp Burning; My God Turns My Darkness Into Light...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts