SIG Talk banner

Sig's lack of support for P320SC as well as .357Sig and .40AUTO

952 Views 33 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Gswartz
I guess I understand that Sig has decided to put more effort into the P365 than continue to support the P320 Sub Compact, I simply do not know why.

Also, they have completely given up on the .357Sig and .40Auto platform completely? I guess, you can still get X-Change kits in these calibers in Carry/Compact and Full. Just a bummer that the SC platform is done!

Rant over! LOL.

PS. I wish someone made a Compact/Carry grip module that worked with the Sub Compact size slide. This, would be awesome! See my hack build!

Attachments

Reactions: tpeters326
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Premium Member
I guess I understand that Sig has decided to put more effort into the P365 than continue to support the P320 Sub Compact, I simply do not know why.

Also, they have completely given up on the .357Sig and .40Auto platform completely? I guess, you can still get X-Change kits in these calibers in Carry/Compact and Full. Just a bummer that the SC platform is done!

Rant over! LOL.

PS. I wish someone made a Compact/Carry grip module that worked with the Sub Compact size slide. This, would be awesome! See my hack build!
Sig is a large company and like most similar companies they have to appeal to investors, provide ROI, manage cash, etc. and it鈥檚 about financial results today, not what鈥檚 best for the niche .357 sig community!

馃帠USMC Veteran
There are still plenty of 40 and 357 stuff to be found in the wild and SIG is still making the parts.
Sub compact stuff while for the most part is still pretty easy to find as well.

Premium Member
There's already an active thread on the lack of support for the SC. For more opinions, complaints and laments, see here:

Registered
When they came out with the P365, I鈥檓 pretty sure at that point they decided to say farewell to the P320 SC. I think it was the least popular size of the P320 sales wise before the P365 came out.
As far as .40 S&W and .357Sig, when the pandemic hit and materials for expensive and hard to find, like many companies, Sig probably had to focus more on what sold. 9mm is the most popular caliber, so they focused on what they鈥檇 sell a bunch of. I don鈥檛 think they鈥檝e discontinued the .40 and .357Sig models, those just are likely on the back burner.

Registered
Any and every company only continues to exist and produce a product, any product, if they manage well and pay attention to actually making money and having a return to money invested.

If they don't do those things.......then they go bankrupt and no longer exist. Simple. Universal. It's a numbers game. Always has been, always will be.

If they can't sell enough of something at a price that people will buy it at to justify the resources involved in providing it..........I expect them to quit it.

If they don't quit it, then the decision makers that keep doing the thing that has no economic justification...........need to be fired.

Sorry to rant, but the whining on this type of thing drives me nuts. Maybe ranting on SigTalk is cheaper than going to your therapist when the world just ain't fair.

Registered
I don't blame SIG for dropping items from their line.

I blame buyers who don't buy a product and yet expect the manufacturer to continue to produce and stock something that the market isn't buying in sufficient quantity to justify support...

Love the .357 SIG, buy a bunch of ammo/pistols, or stop complaining... :rolleyes:

Registered
Sig is a large company and like most similar companies they have to appeal to investors, provide ROI, manage cash, etc. and it鈥檚 about financial results today, not what鈥檚 best for the niche .357 sig community!
And every single purchaser should keep this in mind before purchasing. No commitment to the cal that bears their name. Next bump in the road they will ditch you just the same as they during during the pandemic.

Registered
In 9mm, it used to be that "compact" meant a 3.9 in. slide and a 15-round grip. But the "X-series" changed that a little.

Subcompact3.6" Barrel/Slide12-Round
X-Compact3.6"15
Compact & X-Compact Spectre3.9"15
Carry & X-Carry Spectre3.9"17
Full4.7"17

So @Gswartz is right that SIG hasn't made a 3.6" / 17-round grip combo.

Premium Member

So @Gswartz is right that SIG hasn't made a 3.6" / 17-round grip combo.
That's correct but WIlson Combat makes their Carry II grip module for the SC slide and 17 round mag.

They come in Black and Tan, no safety notch.

Here's the black one

1 - 20 of 34 Posts