SIG Talk banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am in for two of these as soon as a dealer sends me the email, telling me they have them in stock. I made enough on selling just 2 cases of 5.56 ammo in the last month to pay for them. And I had the lowest price of all the dealers at the gun shows on comparable ammo.
Over priced some. Yeah. Just like my Dad's $9,000. a month room in the nursing home, or the depreciation one looses driving a new car off the lot. I am 69 years young, and I am going to buy and enjoy the toys I have while I can.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I am in for two of these as soon as a dealer sends me the email, telling me they have them in stock. I made enough on selling just 2 cases of 5.56 ammo in the last month to pay for them. And I had the lowest price of all the dealers at the gun shows on comparable ammo.
Over priced some. Yeah. Just like my Dad's $9,000. a month room in the nursing home, or the depreciation one looses driving a new car off the lot. I am 69 years young, and I am going to buy and enjoy the toys I have while I can.
Just to make those kids stay off your lawn?.......lol. I agree with you

·
Registered
196 Posts
Osage had a few. I ordered one around 2:45 CST, received confirmation of order from Osage and email notice it had shipped. Price was $299.99 shipped
Give us a performance review when you receive the Custom Works FCU; .... how is the trigger performance dry/range firing? Thanks

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Give us a performance review when you receive the Custom Works FCU; .... how is the trigger performance dry/range firing? Thanks

I picked up the P320 Custom Works FCU I purchased from Osage County Guns. Finish looks nice. I placed it in an XSeries Carry grip module and dry fired it. Similar trigger pull to the X5 FCU I removed. It will be a week or so before I can get to the range. I recently had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder and am still working on motion and strengthening.

I paid $299.99, shipping included, from Osage County Guns. Shipping was quick. I ordered on 11-20-2020 and received on 11-24-2020.

I would have been more satisfied if it would have been below $250.00 but am pleased with it and would not hesitate to order again. I have another P320 set of parts that are just begging for an FCU 🙂.

Pictures below to show "it happened!"
IMG_0237.jpg
IMG_0238.jpg
IMG_0239.jpg
IMG_0240.jpg
IMG_0241.jpg
IMG_0242.jpg
IMG_0243.jpg
IMG_0244.jpg
IMG_0245.jpg
IMG_0246.jpg

·
Banned
903 Posts
I have ordered 2 from another online retailer. I may order some more. Time will tell.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had to go to the city today so I stopped at the LGS to see "if/when/how" they might be able to get one. They had 5 on the shelf. They now have 4.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I picked up the P320 Custom Works FCU I purchased from Osage County Guns. Finish looks nice. I placed it in an XSeries Carry grip module and dry fired it. Similar trigger pull to the X5 FCU I removed. It will be a week or so before I can get to the range. I recently had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder and am still working on motion and strengthening.

I paid $299.99, shipping included, from Osage County Guns. Shipping was quick. I ordered on 11-20-2020 and received on 11-24-2020.

I would have been more satisfied if it would have been below $250.00 but am pleased with it and would not hesitate to order again. I have another P320 set of parts that are just begging for an FCU 🙂.

View attachment 374792 View attachment 374793 View attachment 374794 View attachment 374795 View attachment 374796 View attachment 374797 View attachment 374798 View attachment 374799 View attachment 374800 View attachment 374801

View attachment 374792 View attachment 374793 View attachment 374794 View attachment 374795 View attachment 374796 View attachment 374797 View attachment 374798 View attachment 374799 View attachment 374800 View attachment 374801
Great pictures, how does it shoot? Pull, reset, pre travel etc etc?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Great pictures, how does it shoot? Pull, reset, pre travel etc etc?
Thanks
To me it just functions as a P320 FCU would be expected to function. Nothing spectacular. Very similar to the X5 FCU I have in another P320. The only thing that bothered me was the excessive side to side movement of the skeletonized trigger. I replaced that skeletonized trigger with the Sig Sauer P320 Flat Trigger (TRG-320-FLAT-BLK).This eliminated the movement that irritated me.

I would buy another one since I have plenty of parts for another pistol and don't need another complete pistol.

·
Registered
131 Posts
To me it just functions as a P320 FCU would be expected to function. Nothing spectacular. Very similar to the X5 FCU I have in another P320. The only thing that bothered me was the excessive side to side movement of the skeletonized trigger. I replaced that skeletonized trigger with the Sig Sauer P320 Flat Trigger (TRG-320-FLAT-BLK).This eliminated the movement that irritated me.

I would buy another one since I have plenty of parts for another pistol and don't need another complete pistol.
Did you try a different skeletonized trigger? I just put one in an M17 FCU and I didn't get any side to size movement. I had a flat trigger in before it and that didn't have side to side movement either. I'm getting a CW FCU next week so I will take a closer look. Hopefully nothing out of spec on mine.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,728 Posts
Has any one tested the trigger pull on one of the CW FCU?

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Did you try a different skeletonized trigger? I just put one in an M17 FCU and I didn't get any side to size movement. I had a flat trigger in before it and that didn't have side to side movement either. I'm getting a CW FCU next week so I will take a closer look. Hopefully nothing out of spec on mine.
No, I did not. the Sig flat faced trigger has worked good for me on other FCU’s and it was a cheaper choice so that is what I went with. I am satisfied with trigger pull and reset so I will stick with it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
No, I did not. the Sig flat faced trigger has worked good for me on other FCU’s and it was a cheaper choice so that is what I went with. I am satisfied with trigger pull and reset so I will stick with it.
You might be able to get Sig to replace that trigger for free. They are usually good about that. I have both the flat trigger and skeletonized and they both function similarly( no side to side movement). Just slightly less trigger pull weight on the skeletonized. But to be honest if I tried them side by side blindfolded I'm not sure I could 100% identify which was which.

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts

Do you have a gauge to measure the trigger pull? If so, would you please do it and post the results.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Do you have a gauge to measure the trigger pull? If so, would you please do it and post the results.
Using my 25 year old Handy Dandy RCBS Premium Trigger Pull Scale :), and pulling from just below midway on the Sig Flat Trigger, the trigger pull weight average was 4.5 lbs from 5 pulls. The individual pulls were, 4.5, 4.75, 4.5, 4.25 and 4.5 lbs.

I do not have the pulls from the skeletonized trigger but I could not discern a difference after I removed the skeletonized trigger and placed the flat trigger in.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
Using my 25 year old Handy Dandy RCBS Premium Trigger Pull Scale :), and pulling from just below midway on the Sig Flat Trigger, the trigger pull weight average was 4.5 lbs from 5 pulls. The individual pulls were, 4.5, 4.75, 4.5, 4.25 and 4.5 lbs.

I do not have the pulls from the skeletonized trigger but I could not discern a difference after I removed the skeletonized trigger and placed the flat trigger in.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for taking the time to do the test. So if I understand you correctly using a flat trigger on the CW FCU your average trigger pull weight is from 4.5 to 5 pounds and your could not discern any difference with the skeletonize trigger. So if that's the case there is definitely a difference in trigger pull weight between the CW FCU and the AXG FCU. My average trigger pull weight on my AXG FCU is 2 pounds 9 ounces using my Lymans Digital scale.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to do the test. So if I understand you correctly using a flat trigger on the CW FCU your average trigger pull weight is from 4.5 to 5 pounds and your could not discern any difference with the skeletonize trigger. So if that's the case there is definitely a difference in trigger pull weight between the CW FCU and the AXG FCU. My average trigger pull weight on my AXG FCU is 2 pounds 9 ounces using my Lymans Digital scale.
Do you have a non AXG grip to test your AXG FCU in and compare? I still suspect the FCUs are fundamentally all the same and it's the grip that is making the difference.

·
Registered
561 Posts
By the looks of things, he’s not testing with the skeletonized trigger that comes with the CW FCU. He’s only testing using the sig flat trigger. So yes, in this scenario, the CW FCU is different than the SCORPION AXG FCU by nature of the triggers being different.

It sounds like what you need is the results of a test from someone else who has:

-the CW FCU with the skeletonized trigger installed

-The AXG & a polymer grip modules

This way, you can compare the results with the ones that @miula posted.

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
By the looks of things, he’s not testing with the skeletonized trigger that comes with the CW FCU. He’s only testing using the sig flat trigger. So yes, in this scenario, the CW FCU is different than the SCORPION AXG FCU by nature of the triggers being different.

It sounds like what you need is the results of a test from someone else who has:

-the CW FCU with the skeletonized trigger installed

-The AXG & a polymer grip modules

This way, you can compare the results with the ones that @miula posted.

Yes that would be ideal. Hopefully, one of our members is in a position to do that.

Reactions: miula
41 - 60 of 74 Posts