SIG Talk banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Where do you think all those "parts kits" and stripped FCU's came from? People where buying 320s, stripping and selling for parts. In a local ad here in CA, a complete FCU is going for $1000. Stripped ones for $600-ish.
I get that part of it. That is a time tested way to make a buck or two.
It just seemed to me that $475 was a little rich for what you are getting.
But maybe that's just the way things are these days.

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
There is no way a P320 is worth upwards of $1k by the time you piece it all together. That's nuts.

Then again, a lot of things are nuts these days...
Yet there are people desperate and stupid enough to fork for that amount 🤦‍♂️ .

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Yeah, with the popularity of the "80%" chassis, dealers could make more money parting out 320s. I remember a few places would then sell the serialized FCU for like $25. Can't get them that cheap here in CA. So I essentially have a Fullize, Compact, Compact RX, XCompact and Subcompact but only 1 FCU. :(

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Indeed. Such are the times we live in.

But if one is going to drop that kind of coin on a polymer striker gun, there are arguably better options.

·
Premium Member
Sig Fanatic
193 Posts
Indeed. Such are the times we live in.

But if one is going to drop that kind of coin on a polymer striker gun, there are arguably better options.
I never understood the hype on this from the beginning.
I can understand Sig trying to get into the customization market and people's need to personalize their firearms, but at what price?
The whole point of polymer firearms to begin with was lighter weight for carry and lower cost due to the lower cost of manufacturing polymer grip modules.

Now it seems like they are trying to turn polymer handguns back into all metal handguns thus eliminating the reason they became so popular in the first place.

Why not just expand the Classic P series line rather than trying to turn the P320 into one?

Just my 2 cents, probably all it's worth :)

·
Premium Member
Sig P320 X-Compact, Smith and Wesson 327.
8,158 Posts

Buying things that you WANT has noting to do with being desperate or stupid. It has to do with if you have the money and WANT something you simply buy it. Life gives you one go around so why not get whatever you want if you can afford it.

Reactions: mwsmug

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
I don't get it. There is one on Gunbroker that has been bid up to $475

That's GunBroker for ya.

When the P365 first came out and they were hard to find you could go to GunBroker and find P365's for upwards of $800.00...and people bought them!!

If you want to be the first one on the Block to own a new Gun etc..You go to GunBroker.

As Quantity's and Availability become common place the prices will come down...
It's the Free Enterprise System!
Caveat emptor

·
Registered
42 Posts
Joe Bob Outfitters have them in stock for $299

I ordered 2!

Those of you whining about P320s costing north of 1k... I suppose disposable income and worth is subjective. I have 3 P320s that cost north of 1k. Custom slide, barrel, grip mod, trigger, easy to get above 1k and you know what? They shoot just as well and better than my 1k P226 Legion.

·
Premium Member
Sig Fanatic
193 Posts
I wish people were more savvy about auctions.

You have to have an idea of how much an item costs before you go into an auction.
It is really easy to go to websites and look around at what people are charging.
You have to have some will power to stop yourself from over-paying.
For goodness sake, DO NOT BID when there is a week left in the auction. You can't win on the first day :ROFLMAO:

Just my 2 cents, probably all it's worth :whistle:

·
Registered
624 Posts
The dust will have to settle before I play!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
710 Posts
There is no way a P320 is worth upwards of $1k by the time you piece it all together. That's nuts.

Then again, a lot of things are nuts these days...
The legacy 320 X5 was a thousand. The Legion version slightly more.

·
Registered
710 Posts
People are desperate, and for good reason.

Dems take the GA senate seat in Jan, it is game over.

They see it in stock, they will buy it regardless of price.
Because some have to be first. I think it's crazy to pay msrp plus for the 320 AXG..but people do. I had to ;augh when people were falling all over each other paying idiotic prices for the then new 365...knowing in a matter of several weeks they would be going for less than MSRP.

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Have a few. Never thought it was overpriced. But I got it at a very good price.,
Yeah, it was not a bad gun, but for being their 'top tier' P320 at the time, I expected more. In particular I can't say I was ever all that impressed by the trigger, which felt no different than any other P320 trigger - in other words, a bit creepy and spongy. I didn't find it any better than a PPQ Match, for example, which you can get for less than $1k (pre-Covid). Even the CZ P-10, with some aftermarket improvements, is a much better trigger imo, and again, for less $$.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts