SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When do you thing the Sig P210 American will actually be ready for shipping. Also what will be the difference between the American & P210 Legend etc.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Who knows? Call SIG customer service for an update.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am one of those who are skeptical about the built quality of the new American made. I would be surprised if it would match the German Legend version in quality. But maybe I'm wrong. I guess time will tell...

Gilbert

·
Registered
569 Posts
There are significant differences between the vaporware P210 American and the older design, all most likely chosen to reduce production costs, which is why the original estimated retail was half what the older model was. There's quite a few posts out there detailing the differences, but the largest is changing the barrel lockup system.

As to when, I wouldn't even want to guess, might not even be this year. These were shown off at the 2016 SHOT show, Adam Painchaud, VP of SIG academy is on video Jan 21, 2016 telling an interviewer they are "shipping now". There's also the NRA Annual Meeting video interview from May 28, 2016 with Tim Butler, SIG Pistol Product Manager stating that all four proposed models would be in stores by now, with the last model the compact carry arriving "right around 2017". At SHOT this year they were telling people they should be in stores by April/May.

So if you believe SIG they should have hit stores by February 2016, with 4 models out by January 2017, since we're here in April 2017 and they are still vaporware I wouldn't put much weight into anything SIG said until you see them for sale in stores. It does make you wonder though what the problem has been getting these to market, or if it's just fall out from the government contract push. In addition the stated retail over those original interviews has gone up $300-$400.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: sigke

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Those of us who bought German SIG X Series Pistols in good faith have been left high and dry by SIG when it comes to replacement parts.

All the accessories that were promised for the "enhanced" railed X Series guns......might as well just forget about them as well.

The new P210s may or may not ever be introduced and I have a feeling that SIG would like to become another maker of mainly plastic pistols.

The US made X pistols we've been waiting for after being promissed them by SIG?

They came out with that P320 X Five.:mad:

·
Registered
21,608 Posts
I'm skeptical about Sig even producing them for market, as well about the quality (compared to the German Mastershop X-Fives).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts