SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
Was checking for some price drops on a website I go to a lot and noticed that the full size 320 nitron with siglight night sights is $135 more than the 320 without the siglight night sights. Do you think the price increase is worth it? Do you think having the siglight night sight is worth it? Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
Personally, the normal Sig night sites don’t work well for me. In normal light, ie day time, I can focus on an orange or green front sight much faster than the white front sight. While I have several Sigs with the standard night sights, and they work well in the dark when you are using the tritium dots, I prefer something with a different color ring around the tritium vial. I have recently installed several sets of Night Fusion sights, and really like them, and have also used Speed Sights with complete satisfaction. The X-ray sights from Sig( with green front sight) also work well. My vision(70+ years old) just doesn’t work well without a brightly colored front sight. YMMV.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
I've never been impressed with regular siglite night sights and would put that money toward aftermarket sights.

Reactions: Basenji

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah, I've looked at some aftermarket, any suggestions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At a minimum a contrasting front sight will make a big difference.
Thanks for all the advice, I'll probably go with the 320 with regular sights and put on aftermarket.

Reactions: supersport939

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
I have a P320 Compact RX with Sig Night Sites.
This is one of my EDC guns and my Home Defense gun and though it has a Romeo 1 the night sights glow nice and green at night.

Should the Romeo not come on one night when I lift it the Night Sites will be a Great help.
I would much rather have these than just white sights.

I would highly recommend that if you are not getting the Night Sites already mounted and it may be a night time gun then have a plan to buy a set of Night Sites to put on your new gun.
If your new gun is strictly Daytime and Range Gun don't spend the extra cash.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Difference in MSRP is about one hundred. In many cases dealers will make a better deal on contrast equipped versions just to get rid of them.

You have to factor in the cost of new sights and the cost to install if you don't have the tools to do it yourself. A well fitted sight pusher is mandatory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts