SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Sights for New Tacops - Question

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Willard 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought two NOS Tacops and the first one came in yesterday. It has a date of 2013 on the box (it's a LE model). The night sights (front and back) are dead and I want to replace them. I don't know about the second Tacops yet but they will both get the same sights, whatever I decide.

I am thinking about replacing them with the same sights that were on them, sending in the slide to SIG to do the work.

Anyone have other recommendations that I should think about? Most of my SIGs have SIGLITES with the exception of the Equinox which has X-RAY3 Day/Night sights.

Thanks

#4 ·
Xray in my opinion are much better...
Agreed. I really like the high-contrast front sight. It makes for quick sight alignment. Although it's a little large if you are focused on real precision shooting. But for all-around use, I think they are great.

Reactions: SIG173
#5 ·
It all depends on the era, in which your Sigs were born, as to what sights they may wear. You need to find what "works" best for you, if you are going to shoot them, otherwise if uniformity is the goal, just say so!

Each of us perceive colors slightly different, so what stand out to one, may not to another. In most cases, since their introduction, it's been found the the "green" glow of tritium sights is more perceptible than yellow or red, under low light conditions.

With good ambient lighting, we need to find which color draws out attention the quickest, currently Orange and Lime Green are the predominate colors offered, besides white, surrounding the tritium elements in the sights, some sights eliminate rings around the rear, so focus id given to the front, as it should. The fiberoptic rings, as offered by the X-Ray, and several Tru-Glo offerings, rely on strong ambient light to assist, so overcast days limit their effectiveness.

Of course, if you are limiting yourself, to just what Sig offers, as that's all they will install, then you may be missing out.

#7 ·
Yeah, I have glaucoma (with some loss of sight to my peripheral and other locations making things flicker in and out of sight) and have had cataract surgery. My dominant eye has the long range lens in it so the sights on my gun are not really in good focus even with my glasses. So the bigger the better. My precision shooting days are long gone and so are my precision guns. I was thinking Big Dot....anyone use those with success on a P226? One Tacops will be suppressed and so the sights will mostly be useless so maybe on that gun I should get suppressor height sights? But my other Tacops may be my bedside gun with those 20 round mags. I'm going to look at my Equinox Xray3 sights and see what I think (I haven't shot my Equinox and may not at this point in time).

Other than my house gun and carry gun, all my other SIGs are just used at the range (indoor 25 yard normally) or are safe queens thus far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.