SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for adding me, and I look forward to good info. Now for my problem. I'm new to AR'S and red dot optics. I have a stag 15. It has iron sites fixed on the front and on the carry handle on the rear. I have removed the carry handle and mounted my red dot. I don't know how to sight in my red dot with the fixed front sight. How will I know if I'm on target. I do have a bore layer if that would help. Do I have to do this at the range?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I just bought a Romeo 5 for my CZ Scorpion carbine. The Romeo 5 allows an absolute cowitness with my Magpul MBUS sights that came on my Scorpion...so I set my Romeo using the already sighted in MBUS sights... You have removed your rear sight. That being the case, I think you'll need to head to the range to sight in your Romeo 5. Shouldn't take long...especially with your bore laser and a box of ammo.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
12,135 Posts
Welcome from Georgia.

·
Registered
Sig P226, M400 TREAD, P220, P365XL, P227R, P228
762 Posts
Probably the easiest thing to do is Google for a video on sighting in a red dot -- there are plenty of good ones. It's definitely something you will want to do at a range so you can verify the aim point. It can be done with as few as three rounds -- but I usually shoot groups of three, then make an adjustment. The videos will walk you through the process better than a lot of written directions on here!

·
Administrator
40,376 Posts

Welcome to SIGTalk! We're glad to have you as a member of the community :) You will get more traction on your question if you post it in the general forums - not all members visit this forum.

I recommend reading through the Forum Standards & Rules to get acquainted with how the site operates.
You may also want to take a moment to browse through our Community FAQs and let us know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome from Alabama!

If you have a boresight laser, you can use it at home to get in the general neighborhood. Do your fine-tuning at the range with live fire.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I’ve found that the Romeo 5s are usually pretty close to zero out of the box. It is possible to zero the Romeo 5 without iron sights. If you have a bag or rest for your Stag 15 use it. Put the red dot on target and take three shots. Based on the placement of the rounds you will adjust the Romeo 5 to get the red dot and point of impact lined up. There are two dials on the top and side of the Romeo 5 for wind age and elevation. Unscrew and remove the covers on them. You will see a screwdriver notch on each. Use a screwdriver to rotate each dial in the direction you need to move the point of impact. As you are new to this I would zero at 10 yds first just to get used to the process. Once you are comfortable with the process try zeroing at 15 and then 25 yds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably the easiest thing to do is Google for a video on sighting in a red dot -- there are plenty of good ones. It's definitely something you will want to do at a range so you can verify the aim point. It can be done with as few as three rounds -- but I usually shoot groups of three, then make an adjustment. The videos will walk you through the process better than a lot of written directions on here!
Thanks for the info. I have watched several YouTube, but none seem to be definitive. I'll just have to go to the range and play with it.

·
Registered
Sig P226, M400 TREAD, P220, P365XL, P227R, P228
762 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have watched several YouTube, but none seem to be definitive. I'll just have to go to the range and play with it.
This one does a pretty good job of explaining both the process and the concept:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts