SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering making the switch to the Sig XRay sights for my P320C. It is my understanding that the existing sights are marked with its size but I'm only seeing the front sight marking (#8).

Does that apply to the rear sight? And I'm guessing it is best to get the same size XRay sights as what's in place?

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

Ended up going with the XS Big Dot. Found a sizing listed for the P320 and liked the simplicity of the design. Should be an interesting experience after shooting with 3-dot sights for so long.

· Registered
2,969 Posts
I have 2 320 Compacts 9mm and both have #6 on front and #8 for rear

Let us know how you like the Big Dots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
363 Posts
I have the TruGlo TFO sights on a different brand of gun that didn't come with night sights.

Nice and bright during the day and I choose yellow rear sights to make the green front sight stand out better in the dark. Others might prefer green for both sights.

The TFX sights weren't available when I bought these,they're supposed to be more resistant to cleaning chemicals and abuse .

Am I happy with them? Yes. Will I put them on my P320 ? Not likely,SigLites work just as well for me.

I will admit to being curious about the XS BigDots.

Reactions: Lane73

· Registered
535 Posts
I have the TruGlo TFO sights on a different brand of gun that didn't come with night sights.

Nice and bright during the day and I choose yellow rear sights to make the green front sight stand out better in the dark. Others might prefer green for both sights.

The TFX sights weren't available when I bought these,they're supposed to be more resistant to cleaning chemicals and abuse .

Am I happy with them? Yes. Will I put them on my P320 ? Not likely,SigLites work just as well for me.

I will admit to being curious about the XS BigDots.
Yeah I also have tfo sights on another brand pistol and I like them.
Same yellow/green setup on my xds45

I just bought a subcompact p320 withOut siglite nightsights (it has the 3dot contrast sights)
so this is why I was asking about the tfo or TFX sights for p320s..

I have a p320 compact with the siglite NSs and like them but I do like the daytime fiber optic visibility of the truglos.

Edit: and say -1 on the big dots.. never had them on a p320 but shot my friends g19 with em and wasn't impressed

· Registered
363 Posts
I've a similar view on my XDs9. Had them on the Xds45 Bi-Tone as well, but traded that firearm .

· Registered
102 Posts
I'm also looking at the XS Big Dot sights but see they are marketed for the P220. Any issues using them on the P320?
I like the standard dots myself. Just as quick due to the wide, shallow V-notch, but can easily go out beyond 25 yards, whereas with the big dots, there's a little bit of guessing at distance, shooting "through" the sight. Kind of like shooting suppressed without tall sights.

I ran them on my 226 as well:

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the standard dots myself. Just as quick due to the wide, shallow V-notch, but can easily go out beyond 25 yards, whereas with the big dots, there's a little bit of guessing at distance, shooting "through" the sight. Kind of like shooting suppressed without tall sights.
Yeah... figure it's going to take a few range dates to get used to the larger dot at distances. Qualification distances no longer go past 25yds but I like to increase that distance simply to know my limitations.

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sights came in and I see what you mean by the large dots being huge. Picked up two sets, one for a Glock 42 and the other for the P320. Went ahead and installed them on the Glock and was amazed how quick you can line up on target and how huge that front dot is.

Second guessing installing the large dot on the Sig now. May have to find a standard dot for comparison.

Oh... speaking of installation. It was a piece of cake. Nylon punch easily knocked out the old sights and the only challenge with installing the XS sights was centering the rear sight.

· Registered
38 Posts
Sights came in and I see what you mean by the large dots being huge. Picked up two sets, one for a Glock 42 and the other for the P320. Went ahead and installed them on the Glock and was amazed how quick you can line up on target and how huge that front dot is.

Second guessing installing the large dot on the Sig now. May have to find a standard dot for comparison.

Oh... speaking of installation. It was a piece of cake. Nylon punch easily knocked out the old sights and the only challenge with installing the XS sights was centering the rear sight.
Does the new sights installation need loctite in the end to lock their position?

· Registered
542 Posts
I'm considering making the switch to the Sig XRay sights for my P320C. It is my understanding that the existing sights are marked with its size but I'm only seeing the front sight marking (#8).

Does that apply to the rear sight? And I'm guessing it is best to get the same size XRay sights as what's in place?
Not sure your original question was answered. Yes the rear sight is marked as well. Looking down the barrel, rear sight to front sight, the marking will be on the right side of the rear sight. Very small, magnifier may be needed.

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does the new sights installation need loctite in the end to lock their position?
Yes. XS supplies you with a nylon punch to remove the old sights and a tube of lock-tite. The Glock sites come with a wrench to remove/install the front sight.

The rear sight also utilizes two set screws to hold it in place and you get a tiny allen wrench to tighten those as well.

XS does a good job of providing you with everything you need (minus the hammer) to remove the old sights and install the new. Instructions are also clearly laid out.

· Banned
6,262 Posts
FWIW, I have used both sights you have mentioned, and I prefer the Sig Xray sights. The big dots are great for close in point shooting, but if you want to use precision they sometimes make it difficult to execute. I replaced my big dots with Dawson Precision night sights. The fact is that if you're "point shooting" it doesn't matter what sights you have installed...you really don't need them, but what I like about the Dawson sights is that it has a little white circle around the black dot, which makes it a little easier to aim small in the light. (Reference Christ Sajnog's learn how to shoot like a Navy SEAL.) Travis Haley explains this as he markets his sights, reference below.

https://www.haleystrategic.com/weapon-accessories/haley-strategic-thirteen-sights

These sights are designed specifically for Glock pistols, but the explanation is good.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.