SIG Talk banner

Sight pusher

4390 Views 17 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Steve462x0
I'm needing to find a sight pusher for my p320 and p239. Anybody know of a decent pusher that won't break the bank...
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,467 Posts
I'm needing to find a sight pusher for my p320 and p239. Anybody know of a decent pusher that won't break the bank...
I guess the first question would be, does either of these pistols wear tritium sights?
Part of the problem, is that for more specific pushers, such as MGW, even though they are both Sigs, they are too different for one tool to be effective on both. Also the majority are for rear sight adjustment, and have no provisions for front sights.

There are some basic pushers, that have been discussed here recently, that are relatively simple, and low cost. While they can be effective, proper setup is required, or disasters will follow.

Reactions: 7.62Kolectr

· Registered
18,006 Posts
I guess the first question would be, does either of these pistols wear tritium sights?
Part of the problem, is that for more specific pushers, such as MGW, even though they are both Sigs, they are too different for one tool to be effective on both. Also the majority are for rear sight adjustment, and have no provisions for front sights.

There are some basic pushers, that have been discussed here recently, that are relatively simple, and low cost. While they can be effective, proper setup is required, or disasters will follow.
And proper setup is so simple it's hard for me to believe that people have trouble with it. It's kind of like one of my Dad's favorite sayings: "Some people are so dumb they couldn't pour pi$$ out of a boot if you put the instructions on the heel."

Anyway, I have an inexpensive one that allegedly can be used with almost every gun out there and comes with things to make that happen.

At this point, I've used it on 14 or so guns, 10 different makes/models and it works perfectly on all of them. I don't see how you could make it easier to use and it won't break like some of the more expensive ones have been known to do. You could literally run over this thing without hurting it. $92.50 with all the adapters you'll probably ever need.

XL Handgun Sight Tool - Sight Pusher Sight Pusher

· Registered
360 Posts

Honestly they aren't needed. If you have a decent vice and a small aluminum punch you're good. I changed both my P320s and both P229s in about 15 minutes each. Ironically I have a sig sight pusher but it doesn't work on the P320 but I found it easy without. Wished I would have saved my money :(

Besides you need to tap them in slightly with something like this before you finish with the sight pusher anyway.

· 🎖USA Veteran
3,087 Posts
I personally think the Wheeler unit shown above at Amazon is worth every penny. I assume the other tools will accomplish the job, but the Wheeler makes it so easy.

Whatever you choose to use, I would recommend covering the slide area with black electrical tape. It is a good safety measure to help guard against finish mars or scratches.

· Registered
7,825 Posts
Can't see the pusher blade in first one but the wheeler one looks like the pusher doesn't have a blade on it. If not you'll be pushing front sights out from the blade and not the base of the sight as the pusher itself seems to be too big to pass thru most dovetail cuts in the slides. I've seen a few front sight blades either bent or snap off from pushing on them instead of the base of the sight itself.

· Registered
169 Posts
The first one, the Universal pusher, is what I've used, successfully now on both the front and rear sights of two Sig p226 slides. With any of these be careful to use a piece of a cut-up credit card between the pushing lug and the sight, and between the two screws that hold the slide in place side to side. The latter have a plastic end that contacts the slide, but the credit card adds some more protection. I mounted some thin stick-on felt on the surfaces above and below the slide. That should be enough, as you only have to snug the screws the exert pressure top and bottom.

The fact that this one holds the slide from all four sides is what made me buy it, and the fact that it's made from a solid billet of aluminum that's extremely well machined and weighs as much as a p226!

These are all hand-machined and sell out regularly on Amazon, but they're also on sale on eBay, from the same machinist.

· 🎖USA Veteran
3,087 Posts
I am not a salesman for Wheeler; nor do I care which sight tool you acquire as long as it works for you.

I purchased an inexpensive tool off eBay similar to the one depicted in the thread pictures. It worked with some effort for one of my P226's. On another one, I could not get the front sight to budge. I did buy the Wheeler unit, and it got the job done on the troublesome pistol and several others since then.

I did find this youtube useful prior to my purchase;

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.