SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, so I just bought my first sig P238. Took it to the range and im shooting left and low at 25 feet. Is there a way to adjust the siglite night sights? I heard you can drift the front sight left or right for windage. What about adjust the verticle? Any thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
509 Posts
No disrespect intended but did you shoot on a rest to determine if it was the shooter or the gun? You can drift the front or the rear to adjust for windage but need to replace the front to a different height to adjust elevation (if it's the gun).

·
Registered
8,666 Posts
You may be aware that SIG uses the "combat" sight picture. This is were the front sight is even with the top of the back sight (normal sight picture). However, point of impact will be at the center of the front sight dot. If you hole top of front blade at 6 o'clock hold, it'll shoot low.

Do use bags or some kind of rest to sight it in.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I usually check my sights with a bore laser. I too tend to shoot low left--or just low. So far, I've not found any problems with sights--just me.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
What is your finger position on the trigger? If your trigger pull is relatively heavy and you have med large or larger hands and you use the conventional middle of the distal end of your finger that may be causing you to push your shots left on this small pistol. Try positioning on the distal joint as you would to shoot a DA revolver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.