SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this sight adjustment tool. Does anyone know what kind it is? Some kind of OEM SIG or is it aftermarket? Works on most SIGs I own except my legacy P229 (too thick). There are no markings on it that I can see.
Gas Auto part Font Metal Titanium
Gas Auto part Metal Machine Fashion accessory

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that was either a P225 specific tool, or for folded slides. I'll see if I can find out for sure.
Thanks for looking into it. I look forward to hearing your findings. Yes, all the folded slide guns I own fit into it perfectly. The stainless slides do not (Legacy P229 is a definite no-go but I don't actually remember whether or not I tried my milled P226 when I had it).

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,268 Posts
That was what was available from Sig in the '90s. It was made to also remove and replace the front sights, where the earliest only did rear sights.

It was made by MGW, and only fit the carbon steel slides. The one I have, I modified, to be able to use on the later P226 .40 S&W duty pistols my department went. I traded my old PD for it when they went to Glocks.

It should have the information engraved on it... of course the one you have may have came from Germany as well, due to the slightly different manufacture...

It came, during the SIGARMS period...

Bicycle part Nickel Auto part Metal Machine

The earliest, like this version, offered on Gun Broker, only did the rear sights...

Product Composite material Electronic device Auto part Metal

Camera lens Digital camera Camera accessory Camera Gas

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Willard! Mine does not have any information engraved in it whatsoever. Completely blank. The only markings I found were on the top of the little bolt head. It's marked "F-C". The bolt I am referring to is the one on the open ended side that serves the same function as the bolt with "P225/P6" next to it in your third photo.

Is your SIGARMS one (in your first photo) roll marked/engraved with that "SIGARMS" lettering or is it just painted on?

·
Registered
21,117 Posts
Willard, it seems to me that there is enough travel in the one marked P225/P6 that you could do the front sight as well. If you used the edge marked with the arrow, you could push or pull. I guess it just depends if you could get the slide deep enough in the tool to contact the front sight. There's no cutout in the tool to allow the chin of the slide to fit, so maybe that's the issue.

Gas Security Automotive exterior Electronic device Fixture

·
14,268 Posts
Thanks Willard! Mine does not have any information engraved in it whatsoever. Completely blank. The only markings I found were on the top of the little bolt head. It's marked "F-C". The bolt I am referring to is the one on the open ended side that serves the same function as the bolt with "P225/P6" next to it in your third photo.

Is your SIGARMS one (in your first photo) roll marked/engraved with that "SIGARMS" lettering or is it just painted on?
No it's stamped into the aluminum, here's another view...

Wood Gas Camera accessory Household hardware Metal

The backside...
Machine Fashion accessory Metal Nickel Titanium

·
14,268 Posts
This is the set I have. It works for all folded slides. Separate tool for front and rear. Marked p225/p6 View attachment 469417
First time that I've ever seen the front only tool! Hope you don't mind me capturing these for future reference...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes , of course save for reference. The front sight tool is only marked as shown in picture "Sig Sauer p225" the rear one is marked p225/p6. I bought them as a set, second hand. I haven't seen a front tool before either.

Wood Material property Rectangle Hardwood Metal

·
14,268 Posts
Yes , of course save for reference. The front sight tool is only marked as shown in picture "Sig Sauer p225" the rear one is marked p225/p6. I bought them as a set, second hand. I haven't seen a front tool before either.

View attachment 469430
When you think about it, the early P220/P75 had the integral front sight, on the Slide, so essentially the P6/P225 was likely the first to have a dovetailed front sight. As the sight tool, I have came after the introduction of the P226, and P228 as well, the early tools would have been able to work on all carbon steel Slides.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts