SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DUDE where the HEL* did the shells go!! The Ejection from this rifle is crazy!

My favorite rifle of all time! They look like a weapon of WAR and something about the swiss folding stock has me obsessed with these rifles even though I own 2 I find myself always looking at them on GB and trying to collect all the accessories and even things that where just available during the times these were released like all the SIGTAC attachments and coupler mags. And then you got all the overpriced Swiss **** that I waste my money on but they are just so damn cool!

I'll post some pics of my stuff. DOES ANYBODY ELSE STILL DIG THESE RIFLES??

Like I said Im obsessed PLEASE show me pics of your guys SIG556!! LOL

·
Registered
281 Posts
Agreed. My girlfriend was standing semi-close to me last time I shot my 556. Her complaint was "what tha?" followed by lots expletives.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
They also dent the fired casing, if you save them. I put a piece of velcro at the spot of the ejection hit point, on the frame. This saves the brass from dents and also slows down the bunch off the frame. My favorite carbine, It is as reliable as an AK, and as accurate as a low end AR. With the controls of an AR.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Big fan. Have 2 myself, 1 very early with almost all Swiss parts. Always looking for goodies, isn't that half the fun?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahh yes the ol velcro trick works like a charm! I never understood how some people just let the casing put that big ol streak next to the ejection port. Super reliable too

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 556R (GEN2 ofcourse) is my favorite though the 7.62 recoil feels good coming out of it and It doesn’t have that ar15 magwell that hangs down I think it’s called a stanag lower? So it looks just like the Swiss 551 except it’s got a bada** circle 10 banana clip hanging out the bottom!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
O yea and the Swiss handguards are a must they make the whole gun feel different and once you feel the difference the US feel clunky and cheap same goes for stock those upgrades are worth it BIG TIME

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
I had Hk rifles for many years. They would throw bent cases into the afterworld. Even the clip on case deflectors didn’t help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had Hk rifles for many years. They would throw bent cases into the afterworld. Even the clip on case deflectors didn’t help.
yea HK make really nice rifles my LGS has a MR762 on the wall that I want to buy but they want $3500

1 - 10 of 10 Posts