SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Sig customer service wanting to buy a P238 safety and hammer pin to convert my P938 from ambi to single sided safety. Customer service rep said they don't sell those kinds of internal parts, just grips, grip screws, magazines etc. Is that right? Is there any way around this? Thanks much for your help.

·
Registered
15,446 Posts
Did You Tell Him What You were going to do with the parts? If so that might be Why.

I ordered a Trigger Bar Spring, Trigger Pin, Hammer Spring, Main Spring back on the 7th.
with no problem. Still waiting to hear if a Trigger Bar and Trigger Bar Pin are available

·
Registered
164 Posts
Call back and ask for Kyle Faucher. I just took delivery of several parts to convert my P238 HD over to silver (natural SS) parts. Slide release, mag release, hammer pin and thumb safety.

They were reasonable on price too!

Seriously, call back and talk with Kyle. He's cool as can be to work with!

PS - Scout, If you want them in Black I'll sell you mine. They're mint.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got trigger pins, sear springs, and a couple other internal parts for my 938 from sig no problem. i'd call back and hope to get someone else.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same thing happened to me today. My CS agent explained that I could ship them my 938 and they'd do it for 89.95+shipping. Not very happy with their CS. I'll go to Top Gun Supply then

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sig customer service can be sort of spotty. I can depend on who answers the phone and who is willing to help. I bought these parts on two separate occasions a few months back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I want to thank everyone!....you all responded so quickly with help.

Especially I want to thank MackDaddy1962, I bought his parts so my problem is solved.:D

BTW, I did call Top Gun Supply, spoke to a Very nice lady. But no help there, she explained they have been asking Sig for parts for the P238 for a while now and nothing forthcoming. They only sell the same parts that Sig sells on their website, grips, screws, magazines.

Seems where Sig CS is falling down, SIG-Talk members are coming through!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I too have just recently ordered the hammer pivot pin and single sided thumb safety for a P238 from Sig to install on my P938 and got them in less than 5 business days!! Was no problem at all.
I did request to purchase a firing pin stop to have in reserve since I have had several on Colt 1911 pistols to crack and break in to! Once that happens the pistol is kaput! Sig rep said that the firing pin stops are not for sale so I called Top Gun Supply and they told me they have never had any at all!
I hope no one ever breaks one cause you would have to send the P238 or P938 back to Sig just for that small part.
Your chances of breaking one are greatly increased if you do a lot of dry practice firing!!:(

·
Registered
164 Posts
Most welcome Scout!:)

And that's not good news at all Aviator. I'll call Kyle on Monday and see what he's got to say about replacement firing pin stop plates. I'm still waiting on my natural SS slide stop lever anyway, so I'll kill two birds with one stone.

Rock on,
Mack

·
Registered
495 Posts
It's akin to Ford or GM refusing to sell parts but delightfully willing to install the parts for you... For a price! It's just not right! If I do in fact own one of their product, they should sell me whatever I want, period! And secondly, I should not need a reason to explain the need either!!!

There's no justifiable reason not to other than to control a product! Liability in the firearms use is all mine, let alone should I work on it.

I've searched the net and wondered why there were little to no 238 parts listed... Hmmmm

Good to know that #

·
Registered
11,535 Posts
The only classic P-series part that I haven't seen for sale someplace is the sear spring anchor pin that mounts inside the frame; other than that, you can get what you need subject to limited supply because of vintage (too old or very new).

I cannot understand why Sig's philosophy for supporting the P238 would be any different than for the classic P's.

·
Registered
11,535 Posts
I too have just recently ordered the hammer pivot pin and single sided thumb safety for a P238 from Sig to install on my P938 and got them in less than 5 business days!! Was no problem at all.
I did request to purchase a firing pin stop to have in reserve since I have had several on Colt 1911 pistols to crack and break in to! Once that happens the pistol is kaput! Sig rep said that the firing pin stops are not for sale so I called Top Gun Supply and they told me they have never had any at all!
I hope no one ever breaks one cause you would have to send the P238 or P938 back to Sig just for that small part.
Your chances of breaking one are greatly increased if you do a lot of dry practice firing!!:(
Why would the chances of breaking the FP stop increase due to dry firing anymore than just shooting it a lot? Or would it be the same?

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
I've had no issues ordering various parts from SIG. As others have said, it may be the CS person you are dealing with. One time I received a little resistance, but as soon as I explained I was a SIG armorer, the resistance disappeared. But that was only one time, normally no questions or problems. If you have a SIG armorer nearby, you may be able to order through that person, also.

·
Registered
15,446 Posts
If Sig will sell You a Firing Pin, then I cannot understand Why They will not
sell You a Firing Pin Stop.

I'm still waiting to find out if They will sell Me a Trigger Bar and Trigger Bar Pin.
I asked about it back on Jan 7th when I ordered My other parts all of which I've
now Received.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts