SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

SIG VS DEALER Warrantee?

1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Exarforce 
#1 ·
I'm looking for my first SIG ( and first owned gun) ... Pretty sure what is going to be.. Will decide tomorrow...

Have to order over the Internet as pricing is much better.

Every dealer seems to offer a warrantee...A buddy of mine says it's not needed with a sig.. although I trust him immensely I would like to hear stories from people who did and did not buy warrantees from dealers.

From my lurking here it appears SIG takes care of their customers....

Since I will be buying this on line and not from a local dealer... This is more of an issue for me...

Thx for the input

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Limited Lifetime Warranty...

....on your new Sig.

See this:

https://www.sigsauer.com/support/warranty/

Register on the Sig website once you take delivery of your new gun.

No need to buy an additional warranty from the dealer.

I've had a couple of issues with my Sigs over the years and they have always taken care of me.

Welcome to the Sig Club!

Northlight

#3 ·
I've never had a problem getting the support that I need directly from SIG under their lifetime (first owner) warranty including free shipping within the first year of ownership. Even on those pistols that I've purchased from my LGS, which includes most of the SIGs that I've purchased, I've always dealt successfully directly with SIG.

You would probably have more concerns with covering the ammo cost for your first SIG.

#8 ·
Bud's and some others have them.

Like others have said, no need with a Sig, especially if it's new and some used. If the original owner never registered it, in most cases Sig will consider you the "first owner".

#7 ·
I think what you are describing, is basically an "Insurance Policy" type of warranty offered by retailers on items they sell, sort of like an extended warranty. As others have stated, you would be better off, using the money to buy factory ammunition, as Sig is good about taking care of problems, unless you use reloads.

#9 ·
The Sig warrantee is all you need on a new Sig. If you were to buy a used Sig have it inspected by someone who really knows Sigs. Check for excessive wear on the alloy frame if so equipped. This is recognizable by the color of the friction surfaces. If they are shiny (little or no finish) steer clear. It was probably not lubed properly.

#13 ·
But when are you going to tell us which SIG you are buying?

#15 ·
I honestly never heard of such a thing as dealer warranty.
Not exactly sure what they cover but as far as I am concerned, every firearm purchased has a problem, its manufacturer's problem, not dealers.
Again, whatever it is that dealer warranty thing is, I would not pay for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.