SIG Talk banner

Sig to offer romeo 1 slides for 229/226

31133 77
Looks like sig is getting ready to offer slide conversion kit with the Romeo 1 optic for the 229 & 226.

New 798681577446 CALX-226-9-B-RX CALIBER X-CHANGE KIT, 226, 9, RX. BLK $433.00
New 798681577453 CALX-229-9-B-RX CALIBER X-CHANGE KIT, 229, 9, RX. BLK $433.00

Edit: Pricing is wrong, it will be $589 and will include the romeo 1 optic, complete slide assembly, and 1 mag.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
so that price includes the romeo1? maybe it's time I used the $50 gc from the mcx recall lol.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Looks like sig is getting ready to offer slide conversion kit with the Romeo 1 optic for the 229 & 226.

New 798681577446 CALX-226-9-B-RX CALIBER X-CHANGE KIT, 226, 9, RX. BLK $433.00
New 798681577453 CALX-229-9-B-RX CALIBER X-CHANGE KIT, 229, 9, RX. BLK $433.00
Where did you find it?

·
Registered
23,655 Posts
Now we're talking!!

Reactions: bblr

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
For now it appears to be, I would assume down the road they would offer other as well. Of course the other question is will they be able to keep them in stock.
Well, for the 226 at least if you had a .40 or.357 sig barrel you could just pop it in and change the recoil spring and then be good to go in theory, no?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,655 Posts
It's amazing that the kits are so low.....I would have expected at last 500+

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Does seem mighty cheap.

The standard P226 9mm X-change Kit from Osage County Guns is $399.
Maybe it is an introductory price? To get rid of all the bad Romeo 1s before the improved (read fixed) ones are released? :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would be surprised to see the x-change kit come with an optic for that price.

I'd be even more surprised to see any of them available based on Sig's inability to keep up with demand on simple to manufacture components like Grip Modules for the P320.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would be surprised to see the x-change kit come with an optic for that price.

I'd be even more surprised to see any of them available based on Sig's inability to keep up with demand on simple to manufacture components like Grip Modules for the P320.

I agree, in fact I would bet that at that price, it will not come with a optic.:D

·
Registered
23,655 Posts
I think so too. SIG was already jacking up the prices of regular X-Change kits above $400.

·
Registered
23,655 Posts
So, the consensus is $433 gets you just the slide & mount :confused:

If you add $300 for the Romeo 1 the $733 total comes to about $600 less than a complete new gun.
But if you don't need a gun, $600 is still a good deal to get the red dot. My problem is I still don't trust the Romeo 1.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update on my original post which I will edit as well.

From what I hear, the slide WILL INCLUDE the optic, however the pricing I originally posted is wrong, or at least it may be wholesale/LE pricing. The prices for the slides will be $589 that will include optic, barrel, recoil, and 1 magazine. It also my understanding that it will be co-witness with suppressor sights, (not the one's currently on the 320 RX)

They will also have a complete kit for the 320 in both full size and compact w/ optic and compete assembly along with 1 mag and grip. for $689.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes, the legion is just like any other 229 in that regard. The slide will be black I'm told.

Thanks! I moved from Glocks so when I started looking at Sig's I was drawn to the P320 with the Romeo. Now that I have a 229 Legion, I've grown to love the DA/SA. Not sure I want to go back to striker so this option may resolve.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Update on my original post which I will edit as well.

From what I hear, the slide WILL INCLUDE the optic, however the pricing I originally posted is wrong, or at least it may be wholesale/LE pricing. The prices for the slides will be $589 that will include optic, barrel, recoil, and 1 magazine. It also my understanding that it will be co-witness with suppressor sights, (not the one's currently on the 320 RX)

They will also have a complete kit for the 320 in both full size and compact w/ optic and compete assembly along with 1 mag and grip. for $689.
I"m taking a wait & see approach! :rolleyes: Until it hits the street for sale we're all just guessing!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I plan to get a California compliant P229, which, unfortunately, has a Loaded Chamber Indicator on top of the slide. Will I be able to swap that slide out for this RX/229 slide? If so then I get rid of the LCI and get a co-witness Red Dot. That would be cool!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.