SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received this TANGO-MSR LPVO 1-20x28mm a few weeks ago and finally finished my new SPR/DMR Aero Precision build in 5.56. I wanted a 20" rifle to really let those coyotes get the full effect of that cartridge. Anyway, I wanted to try the new MSR LPVO as it has a lot of the features you would find on some higher end optics such as the 34mm tube and low profile turrets. It came with a one piece mount as well which I am completely satisfied with so far. It has torque specs right on the rail mount and the scope rings. It has lens covers as well that lay back flat when open which is a nice touch. Unlike my Trijicon Credo 1-8x28 that came with bikini lens covers. 馃ぎ
The glass is pretty good. It is definitely where you can see some of the price point shining through. I would say, it kind of makes a clear day seem like there might be a haze. Not bad enough to make a big difference but you will notice the clarity compared to a Trijicon, NightForce or Leupold optic. However, for the same exact style of scope from those manufacturers, you'll be paying at least double if not 4 times as much.
The reticle is very practical and not overly busy. I like how it gives you BDC data without having to fill the viewing window with clutter. Very similar to the Primary Arms ACSS reticle. It is a second focal plane reticle which I actually opted for. Yes it usually saves money but I found on other FFP LPVO's that the low magnification ranges make the reticle all but useless. And since the battery life is so low on scopes compared to a red dot, assuming you can rely on the illumination to make up for it seemed like a fault to me. All in all, I am pretty impressed for the price point!
Reptile Self-propelled artillery Air gun Machine gun Combat vehicle

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Machine gun Machine

Eye Font Circle Parallel Diagram

Registered
I am glad to see some first hand experience with these, where folks are satisfied, mainly because I have thought about picking up the 1-6 for a spare rifle.

That reticle looks alot like the reticle on some 1-4 Zeiss scopes that distributors were clearing out years back. Would have liked to have got my hands on one of them to test out. Missed the boat though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am glad to see some first hand experience with these, where folks are satisfied, mainly because I have thought about picking up the 1-6 for a spare rifle.

That reticle looks alot like the reticle on some 1-4 Zeiss scopes that distributors were clearing out years back. Would have liked to have got my hands on one of them to test out. Missed the boat though.
Yea I would say that for the cost, good to go.

Registered
Those trijis, from the accupioints, accupowers, credos, etc. are outstanding. I've had a few of them, including acogs, and a couple SIG optics. You can tell the difference in build quality and glass. But at the prices some of these Sig optics sell for they are hard to pass up. Unless you plan on very hard use I see no reason not to grab one. Let us know how it performs moving forward.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those trijis, from the accupioints, accupowers, credos, etc. are outstanding. I've had a few of them, including acogs, and a couple SIG optics. You can tell the difference in build quality and glass. But at the prices some of these Sig optics sell for they are hard to pass up. Unless you plan on very hard use I see no reason not to grab one. Let us know how it performs moving forward.
Yes the Trijicons are really nice I agree. But I will definitely keep you posted on the performance of the 1-10 MSR. I have a feeling I'll put it through some paces even though it's suppose to be a DMR rifle it's riding on. I am getting weirdly attached to this 20" barrel haha.

Registered
I have the 1-6 tango-MSR and it's the best cheap scope I've ever bought. I have mid tier vortex scopes at twice the price that arent as good, and top of the line vortex scopes at like 4-5x the price that are MARGINALLY better than this thing. I haven't tried the gen III razors yet, but this thing is 85-90% of a razor Gen II which is a $1200-$1500 scope. and I paid $249.99 for this WITH a good mount

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the 1-6 tango-MSR and it's the best cheap scope I've ever bought. I have mid tier vortex scopes at twice the price that arent as good, and top of the line vortex scopes at like 4-5x the price that are MARGINALLY better than this thing. I haven't tried the gen III razors yet, but this thing is 85-90% of a razor Gen II which is a $1200-$1500 scope. and I paid $249.99 for this WITH a good mount
I agree that the mount being included (and a decent mount at that) was a huge benefit considering the already low cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts