SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Well, apparently the rest of the country has caught on to the extreme quality and value built in to the SSG3000 (American made stock). With several active bidders, the price for the below two rifles is at $1875 and $2K+.

SSG 3000 Sig Sauer 308 Sniper Rifle 18" New in Box : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

SIG SAUER SSG 3000 24" PATROL .308 NIB NO CC FEE! : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

It makes me feel pretty good knowing the value of mine just went up. I bought it in early to mid 2014 at just over $1300 new (24" version).

Russ

Administrator
I think it may also be attributed to SIG's discontinuing the model and it being a really nice, accurate, bolt action rifle. Finding magazines for it is like searching for unicorns - not a one to be found.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I did not realize they were discontinuing the rifle... That stinks. I'm not sure why they haven't increased mag production unless sig new they were going to discontinue the product.
Thanks for the info.
Russ

Administrator
I really don't know if that is the "official" SIG position since they don't list as a discontinued rifle on their website, nor do they show it as available. My assumption is that its discontinued because of that.

I think the issue may be the fact that the barrel is made in Germany, and as we know now, there is a German export hold on all of SIG products to the US. Maybe it will be back once either the ban is lifted and parts start to flow again OR they make the barrel here in the US. No one really knows except SIG and they aren't talking!

I think the mag problem falls into the same boat, but not sure.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I'm lost with this ban... Google here I come

1 - 6 of 6 Posts