SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered an SRT kit for my 1988-9 P226. 5 days later it arrived and to my surprise the kit was ‘different’ than others I had installed. Called Sig and they said “never happens”. Send it back for a replacement. Bonus points if you can see the issue.
Floor Flooring Wood Font Eyewear

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,304 Posts
I'm surprised the bags are not obviously damaged, so evidently bent before packaged...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I asked them to just send the lever and they wanted the set back, via FedEx, on their dime. It goes back to “never happens” once they saw the pics. So, I’m in the holding pattern until they get it back, oooh and aah over it and send the replacement. Did I mention they also sent the wrong recoil spring set?

·
14,304 Posts
That looks like the "Super Finish" as well!

·
14,304 Posts
How can you tell?
They normally have a glossy finish even when dry. Couldn't make out the small print on the packaging, to tell for sure.

Reactions: JGKC9AYC

·
Registered
62 Posts
They normally have a glossy finish even when dry. Couldn't make out the small print on the packaging, to tell for sure.
All of the newer parts I ordered recently had these super finish. They all had perfect casting or stamping with no marks or imperfections so far. The E2 strut I got was perfectly straight and had no sharp edges up and down. Compared to the older new style/pre E2 struct I had before, that was barely straight and had to be flattened before it would even fit into the hammer slot.

·
Registered
114 Posts
"Did I mention they also sent the wrong recoil spring set?" This has happened to me more often than not in the last few months. I typically order parts for all of one gun series (e.g. all 226 parts) at a time. Last three orders had parts for different guns or less than what I had ordered (one spring instead of three). All made right by Sig but I wonder what weirdness is going on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts