SIG Talk banner

Sig simunition reverse conversion

2748 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Tigers1363
Hello, attempted to search my topic but found nothing on it. The simunition kits drop right into factory guns by swapping out barrel & extractor. My question is about the light blue/cyan framed Sig Sauer pistols that are set-up for force-on-force/simunition rounds, they have steel slides and aluminum frames. Can you put in the appropriate centerfire barrel and extractor to have a functional firearm?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this question has already been covered.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,467 Posts
My best "guess" would be "possible" from example I found that appears to be a P226R, with what appears to be a correct Sig Serial Number. My experience with simunitions was in mid 90s, with 9mm conversions. I think I would call Sig CS, and inquire as to the possible serviceability, before attempting a "reverse" conversion, as the simunitions don't put as much of a "load" on the frame as a centerfire cartridge.

Attachments

· Registered
55 Posts
According to Sig, these cannot be converted to 9mm. The CS rep told me that the frames were made differently for the factory blue guns.

Without detail stripping it, I couldn't see a big difference, the slide does appear to be milled out though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.