SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a P226 Legion and would like to know the number on the front and rear sight. I have a P320c and had to replace the front sight with a #8 because I was consistently shooting low at about 10 yards. I really don't want to hassle with this again.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My front shows on side of the blade "TG-H3". On edge of dovetail it shows what looks like "D". Not sure if that' a letter "D" or an "O" or a "0".

Rear shows "TG-H1 S1B 8".

Edit:
Ahh ha..... I see now the number 8 on the front sight.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My front shows on side of the blade "TG-H3". On edge of dovetail it shows what looks like "D". Not sure if that' a letter "D" or an "O" or a "0".

Rear shows "TG-H1 S1B 8".

Edit:
Ahh ha..... I see now the number 8 on the front sight.
Thank you so much that helps me make up my mind. I will be at my local gun shop soon so I will confirm the #8/#8 sights. My P320 shoots fine with that combination.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Based on seeing many posts about this it seems the sight number combos of 6 and 8 the Legions ship with may vary just as they do with the new P320s. Maybe depends on which they have more of in the factory on a particular day?:D The 6F/8R combo seems to be the most commonly seen. That is what I got on my P229 Legion and my P320C. I swapped both fronts out for 8 because like you, I shot low with 6 fronts. All is well now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Based on seeing many posts about this it seems the sight number combos of 6 and 8 the Legions ship with may vary just as they do with the new P320s. Maybe depends on which they have more of in the factory on a particular day?:D The 6F/8R combo seems to be the most commonly seen. That is what I got on my P229 Legion and my P320C. I swapped both fronts out for 8 because like you, I shot low with 6 fronts. All is well now.
It appears that I will actually have to find a P226 9mm legion with the #8 front sight. My contrast sights on the 320 are inexpensive but the legion comes with night sights. I was going to order one from my local gun shop but not now. Why would Sig install #6 on some 9mm and #8 on some others?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just checked the sights on my P226 Legion that was born in January 2017. It has #8F/#8R sights. My Sig P320sc came with #8F/#8R and my Sig P320rx came with #6F/#8R. My P320rx shoots low with the #6 front sight. Unfortunately Sig does not offer a #8 front suppressor height sight so I'll have to go with another sight maker to get a shorter front suppressor sight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.