SIG Talk banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
So it ISN'T a SIG manufactured holster like the one article states.
But, if SIG supplied the holster with the gun then SIG essentially "certified" to the buyer that the holster is safe and proper for use with that gun. But it may not be.
I own multiple Safariland holsters and Id swear under oath the holster in that photo is a Safariland to the best of my knowledge.

Now if SIG makes a specific safariland type holster.....that looks almost identical thats news to me.

That said, I wouldnt be surprised if the "reporter" got the information wrong.

·
Registered
21,620 Posts
I own multiple Safariland holsters and Id swear under oath the holster in that photo is a Safariland to the best of my knowledge.

Now if SIG makes a specific safariland type holster.....that looks almost identical thats news to me.

That said, I wouldnt be surprised if the "reporter" got the information wrong.
When I said 'it may not be', I was referring to the holster maybe not being completely safe and appropriate (in design) for the P320.

Reactions: Fmflorida

·
Registered
486 Posts
When I said 'it may not be', I was referring to the holster maybe not being completely safe and appropriate (in design) for the P320.
Ohhhh! Im sorry I misunderstood.

I have a Safariland ALS only (no SLS hood thing) for my P320.......Had it for about 4 months. Lots of use. Never had any issues.

I cant imagine the ALS/SLS version has anything different internally since the hood is on the outside.

Im gonna go with improper firearms handling as the cause.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If I were her boss I'd fire her for trying this stunt at all. I would want honest people who know what they are doing and who can take responsibility for their own actions without trying to blame others.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have no idea what actually happened but even if an non-upgraded P320 were to fire when dropped at a very specific angle, I've NEVER heard of any legitimate case where a gun fired all by itself just without someone or something yanking the trigger. Hey, SIG has been in the news for making unsafe pistols, let's just blame them, people will believe it. To me this looks like a case of negligence and a desperate attempt to cover it up and save one's job. Wouldn't be the first time this happened.

If I was her boss she'd be out on her keester, because I'd know better. I bet the boss is going along with the whole charade because of the potential for monetary gain; who knows.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
There could be more information than we have too. Maybe the Academy has video monitoring of the storage place where the gun went off. Or the officer got one of the 'made at 5:00pm on the Friday of a three day weekend' guns, and oh, we are behind schedule to make a contract. Or she did something when moving the holster, exposed the trigger, and her booger hook did the bad thing.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
She is the only one who knows, and she isn't going to tell.

Lawyers would always rather settle than take their chances with 12 random people from the general population. Consider how much firearm knowledge there is in the general population. Pretty deputy against big bad corporate SIG. They'd probably give her a million even if she admitted to sticking her finger in the holster and pulling the trigger just out of sympathy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Now this is the 3rd incident I've seen regarding this problem. Found this one as well:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtectAnd...cer_safety_re_equipment_accidental_discharge/

So now three officers have had their P320 discharge whilst in a holster. What the heck!
actually this one is due to the holster and it allowing foreign objects to get into the trigger area. NOT with the firearm. the previous one you mentioned also makes no mention of the type of holster which i bet is a big part of all 3 mentioned in this thread.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would like to see a computer generated reenactment of what happened in this case.
It doesn't make sense that the striker would move forward without a forceful blow to the weapon or some sort of a manipulation of the trigger.

I'm very happy with my HAMMER fired P250.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
I have said for some time that I don't care for most of the Striker fired designs. The ONLY one I would have ever considered was from H&K (The P9) where the Striker cock was separate from the Trigger action. And NJPD still had officers screw that up. (Bad training).

Of course, Some People (Like this deputy) could break a rock with a rubber hammer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know the reputation of Sig Sauer, however, I know nothing of the reputation of the officer involved. That fact makes me side with Sig, since I’d never get an untainted version of the officer’s reputation.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sounds like one of two things to me. Sig offered a tiny amount to get rid of her. Remember she is still working. Option number two............bs!
lbm

21 - 40 of 42 Posts