SIG Talk banner

Sig seems unable to meet the demand for P320 X-Change kits and grip modules

11829 Views 65 Replies 45 Participants Last post by  kankles
One of the main reasons I bought a P320 was because of the modular design. Does it worry anybody else that Sig's production is not keeping up with the demand for X-Change kits and grip modules? Don't get me wrong, this is a GREAT situation to be in for Sig. If Sig can't keep up with the current demand, how are they ever going to fulfill their $580 million MHS contract with the U.S. Army?
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
One of the main reasons I bought a P320 was because of the modular design. Does it worry anybody else that Sig's production is not keeping up with the demand for X-Change kits and grip modules? Don't get me wrong, this is a GREAT situation to be in for Sig. If Sig can't keep up with the current demand, how are they ever going to fulfill their $580 million MHS contract with the U.S. Army?
Accessories have been in and out of stock ever since Sig came out with the P320. Like the rest of us, I get tired of waiting sometimes but eventually you can get what you want. I usually sign up on the Sig website to get an email alert when an item is back in stock.

Rumor has it Sig is building a new production line to meet demand for the Army contract.

Reactions: Gibbs

· Registered
43 Posts
I kind of agree. The kit price is too high now.
Sig definitely has a capacity problem.

I'm a little surprised we haven't seen 3rd party grip modules. You can pretty much make the grip look like anything and feel like anything you want. You could have glow-in-dark, LED, Christmas themed grips if you wanted (hehe).

· Registered
133 Posts
I find it frustrating trying to get grip modules etc. I find it especially frustrating trying to find the elusive manual safety versions. There are not any MS grip modules offered. Us MS guys have to fashion the notches in the grip module if we want modularity. .........
On the other hand- I imagine Sig Sauer is very busy and the pistols/parts sell quickly making production hard to keep up with.

· Registered
255 Posts
New plant for Army as mentioned above.

Most likely the articles and press of the adoption of this by the Army and ICE has created a surprise flood of sales. So many new owner, and so many wanting to add to their collection of grip modules.

I have a few too many now. I have 2 of the small size COMPACT grip module for the .45, along with a small FDE Compact of that caliber and now I "modified" a FULL size Small grip .45 into a "Carry" giving me a pistol with 10 round magazine instead of 9. My new 10 round 45 will fit in the 9 round small Compact grip frame but not the other way. VERY little difference in the grip height between the 2. SHOOTS like a dream in this new grip.

I added some Steel Epoxy (knead type) to the very end as when you look at the end of the grip modules SIG has put a bit of raised plastic there for support and "gap" filling. It was a nice fill and lends stability to the slide as a whole, or at least I convince myself of that.. LOL

My 9mm P320 I bought was a Carry,, 17 rounds. Then I called a Gun Store in Spokane and found a Compact SMALL grip the other day and bought that from them for regular retail, along with a 15 round SIG magazine. Both the .45 ACP and the 9mm Compact/Carry have the small grips which I REALLY like. Finding them at SIG's website and other places, have been a nightmare.

Reactions: fanplastic

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Been waiting a month for a full size 357 exchange kit from Quantico Tactical. No word on when it might show up. Already canceled this order once. May do it again.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd love to have a .357 Sig X-Change kit. I used to have a S&W Model 66 .357 magnum revolver that I wish I never sold, and I miss shooting that round. Does the .357 Sig have the same massive flash and boom as the .357 magnum revolver round?

· Registered
1,277 Posts
I'd love to have a .357 Sig X-Change kit. I used to have a S&W Model 66 .357 magnum revolver that I wish I never sold, and I miss shooting that round. Does the .357 Sig have the same massive flash and boom as the .357 magnum revolver round?
No it doesn't, in my experience anyway. 357 SIG is meant to pretty much duplicate the ballistics of 357 Magnum but the recoil and flash/noise is on par with .40 S&W. I haven't shot a Magnum in years but I recall it was pretty distinctive, 357 SIG isn't quite in the same ballpark. :cool:

Reactions: fanplastic

· Registered
1,675 Posts
I think the slowly rising cost of the exchange kits is more worrisome than the availability. Combine the two and I found it to be easier and cheaper to buy a new gun.

Drop the kit's price down to $249 (or lower) and it might be worth the wait.

· Registered
592 Posts
On cost .... everyone complains about the cost of them or really the cost anything including a free bottle of water. Who actually pays retail prices for these things or anything from Sig. I sure do not and I'm not anyone special, but I do the leg work. Call around to different shops, call Sig and get different reps, build relationships and do some leg work. If you are paying retail or MSRP that is not Sigs issue, thats just taking the easy way. Sure you may endup paying the same in the end, but you'll know its the best deal.

On the 357sig kits .... if you have a 40 today, you can drop in the 357sig barrel. One person said they already have a carry or compact in 357sig. I'm not sure a FS is going to get you that much. If you have the compact, get the carry grip and mags. .75 inches isn't going to change the gun that much.

· Registered
617 Posts
On cost .... everyone complains about the cost of them or really the cost anything including a free bottle of water. Who actually pays retail prices for these things or anything from Sig. I sure do not and I'm not anyone special, but I do the leg work. Call around to different shops, call Sig and get different reps, build relationships and do some leg work. If you are paying retail or MSRP that is not Sigs issue, thats just taking the easy way. Sure you may endup paying the same in the end, but you'll know its the best deal.

I think this misses the point. Whether it was 299 and is now 399, or you could get it for 200 and it is now 300...it's gone up $100. Great that you know how to get a good deal, but it's still $100 closer to the price of a new gun.

· Registered
338 Posts
I've found kits for 300ish but availability was hit or miss, before the contract was announced. Not sure if there's been a buying frenzy since then but I would buy a kit for 300-325.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Back when the 320 kits were $299 on the Sig website, the modular concept made sense. With the 20% off coupon from registering the warranty these were great at $240 and taking full advantage of the system was worthwhile. Now, the kits are $407 with no 20% off coupon offered. Really this makes the modular concept only worthwhile for a few people in gun restrictive states that do not have a high percentage of gun ownership anyway. Add the price of a second mag(like comes with a new gun) and the kit is $447. A new pistol with night sights can be had for around $570 or less. Saving $120 with a kit isn't much. Might as well buy the new gun. Also, many may just forgo the purchase completely. Maybe $240 makes sense for a different configuration but $570 for a whole new gun and that new configuration seems less necessary.

· Premium Member
10,528 Posts
If I didn't love the P320C 9mm as just a self-contained gun, I'd probably find it hard not to be rather turned-off to the whole platform/modularity thing. Availability and inconsistency of 'versions'...they really should have had that better established as the pistols hit the marker, rather than someday catching up.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.