SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SIG Scorpion Carry 1911. The issues I have found regarding the SIG 1911 is with regards to their factory mag and feeding. My personal observation is that the supplied magazine does not function as it should. If anyone has some suggestions I would be more than happy to give them a try. Here are my current issues:

1) Supplied magazine is extremely difficult to load and will not feed properly. When extracting, the round nose dives, allowing the nose (even with ball ammo) to hang on the front lip. It almost seems the guide lips are too tight at the front and spring is too weak. If that makes any sense.

2) Failure to feed on the last round. This has occurred on every magazine. The gun runs flawlessly on every round except the last one with WC 47Ds, and WC 47DE. Almost consistent failure with SIG supplied magazine. The slide makes it about 90% "return to battery". A slap to the rear seats the round and the gun functions as should (being the last round, kind of hard not to work).

Other than these issues, this is a fantastic firearm. With this issue, it will not be a carry gun.

Before taking the factory magazine down for a cleaning, I noticed something disturbing. It looks like the left feed lip was "crimped". This actually shaves a portion of the brass on loading and extraction.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another picture

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 2 more images, but can't chamge the names to add them all at once.

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
I use WC 500C-HDs in my Nightmare Carry and have had no issues, but then I also had no issues with the supplied Sig mags. Not even my busted one.

If I may, how old are these mags?

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
Not speaking from personal experience (take it for what it is), I believe that Sig has supplied different brands of mags in the past, with some of them not being very good. The first step would be to simply acquire another mag of better quality, and run the gun. I bet it will function better.
While Sig really should supply higher quality mags for what we pay for their guns, it is a relatively simple and inexpensive fix to a problem.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have also have the Scorpion Carry (my first gun) that I bought back in 2011. I had the same type of issues with the Sig mags and also had issues with the slide not locking back after the last round. It runs flawlessly with my Chip McCormicks and WC mags

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use WC 500C-HDs in my Nightmare Carry and have had no issues, but then I also had no issues with the supplied Sig mags. Not even my busted one.

If I may, how old are these mags?
Everything is 4 months old. No drops, from me, past my hand to the table.

I do believe the last round issue will work itself out with some more range time. The slide and frame probably need a little me time in their marriage, if you will. Also think I may use a little more grease than I have.

·
Retired Super Moderator
16,851 Posts
Since your having the problems with both Sig and Wilson mags, check the extractor tension. It might be a little tight.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm thinking the whole firearm is a little tight based on readings. I'm between 300-500 rounds so far. Thinking a few more will help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts