SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm glad that I can post here.
I know how boring can be newbie's questions, so I will be as short as possible. My semi-auto is Sig Sauer SP 2022 and my first personal gun.
I got 2 orange plastic things with it.
Number one looks like an artificial barrel, while the second one is shorter- both bright orange in color. Sadly , my gun hasn't arrived yet and I can't take a picture.
Second, I would be happy if someone can explain me how to aim with dot/bar sights. I got used to the 3 dot system , and this one puzzles me.
Thanks in advance. I will post some pics when I get it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My SP2022 came with the short orange chamber flag. Don't know what the orange barrel thing is, mine did not have one. (could it be a cable lock?) not having it in front of you it may look like something else. My 2022 has the stock night sights (3 dot combat sight) line the 3 up across and put the front dot inside center target. I bought mine brand new, was yours used and maybe has some aftermarket stuff?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I know the 3 dot system... It's not cable lock ( I guess all EU models are sold without it)- it really looked like the orange chamber flag but longer. I will post some pics in Tuesday - when I'm supposed to get it. I got it brand new from a gun shop and as I have found - since 2012 Sig are using the dot-bar sights as the cheapest version. I am unfamiliar with them , so I plan to make some tests at the range.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Welcome Bulgaria!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, I know the 3 dot system... It's not cable lock ( I guess all EU models are sold without it)- it really looked like the orange chamber flag but longer. I will post some pics in Tuesday - when I'm supposed to get it. I got it brand new from a gun shop and as I have found - since 2012 Sig are using the dot-bar sights as the cheapest version. I am unfamiliar with them , so I plan to make some tests at the range.
You will love your Sig! The SP2022 was my first also! Enjoy it, the worst part is waiting for it to arrive!

·
Banned
2,873 Posts

I think those are referred to as "bar-dot" sights. As others have mentioned, you just dot the i so that the dot is touching the vertical bar on the rear sight.

I have these sights on my '87 P226, and they are quite easy to use. I believe these are of which XS Big Dot sights are based. Big Dots are bigger than your current sights though, and probably are not quite as accurate as Three Dot sights...but Big Dots are for faster target acquisition, for self-defense.

Here's a link to the sights and how they would look on your SP2022.
https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8525

Welcome to the forum from sunny Florida, USA!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Re: Dot/bar sights.
My SP2022-9 have these sights and are my favorite.
Put the dot (front) on the target, align the bar below it, and squeeze the trigger.
I acquire my tArgets quickly with these and shoot tight groups.

*via Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm pretty sure that you don't know the fact that people in Bulgaria buy the gun with a special permit and then you have to carry it to the police station , for inspection, registration and for a five-shot "session" with the police gunsmith.I'm expecting to get it in Tuesday and I will search a local range with a gun rest. If I can I will post some pictures from aim point and the results. I'm an ex-millitary (if there is something like that) but I have knowledge only with the old soviet Makarov - which is nothing in common. As I suppose, the long orange accessory is a kind of transportation safety - probably for airplanes - but I'm not sure.
I would like to ask for a decent priced website where I can order suitable sights ( If I can't adapt to these).

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Sp2022 Siglight night sights

I'm pretty sure that you don't know the fact that people in Bulgaria buy the gun with a special permit and then you have to carry it to the police station , for inspection, registration and for a five-shot "session" with the police gunsmith.I'm expecting to get it in Tuesday and I will search a local range with a gun rest. If I can I will post some pictures from aim point and the results. I'm an ex-millitary (if there is something like that) but I have knowledge only with the old soviet Makarov - which is nothing in common. As I suppose, the long orange accessory is a kind of transportation safety - probably for airplanes - but I'm not sure.
I would like to ask for a decent priced website where I can order suitable sights ( If I can't adapt to these).
if you are trying to find improved sights for your sp2022 with Sig contrast sights I would suggest you contact Sig directly. I ordered a set of the Siglight night sights for my sp2022 last week. You will need to deal with the installation of the sights.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Congrats on a great gun and welcome!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the support guys. I plan on trying to deal with this sight system /there should be a reason why sig decided to put these on top of the 2022/ and only if I can't adapt - I will order something known.
What about Concealed Carry Holster? What brand and model do you use? Here , in Bulgaria, you must carry it concealed.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I wonder if the long orange thing is the European version of the grip release tool? Does it have a notch on the end?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I can't remember - it just remember it was long and orange.
My box content looks like this :
I found the picture online.
I can't be sure, but it looks a lot like something I've seen before called a "training barrel," made to fit into a real gun while making it safe to handle in situations where you wouldn't want to use a "live" gun. Like an instructor in front of a classroom of people, demonstrating different aspects of firearms handling, etc.

Maybe it's something else, but that's my best guess.

Here's one for a Glock:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hi Hunter and welcome to us! I didn't have one of those barrel things with my 2022. I did have a chamber flag though. The one you have looks as if it replaces your barrel. You will love that pistol! I think it's great!

As for concealment, I recently bought a Bravo Concealment Acer DG holster. It practically disappears in my waistband (which I like). I have this for my P224. I have an RTT Holster that is very nice and comfortable even when standing all day for my 2022. It's a nice gun bucket.

Hope you enjoy your new pistol!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts