SIG Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a very early 320C & it was just marked 320C.

I was at my local shop today & they had a Sig Sauer P320 Nitron in carry size on the shelf.

It has a threaded barrel & I can't find a Sig threaded barrel for my 320C so by the time I buy a threaded barrel & suppressor night sights for my current 320C it isn't that much more to just buy a new suppressor ready 320C.

Can anybody explain the Nitron in the guns name now? Is this something new or just the old 320 re-named something more important sounding?

I do realize the Nitron finish but haven't they always had that?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Nitron is one of those marketing buzzwords that SIG came up with to describe the finish, rather than the process of the way it's applied. They are naming all their basic no frills working man's guns that way. I suppose it's to distinguish them from the other models with more features like the Enhanced Elite, Combat, TacOps, FDE, Judge Dredd, X-Five, etc., and still be appealing to the consumer. ;)

·
Registered
571 Posts
It has a threaded barrel & I can't find a Sig threaded barrel for my 320C so by the time I buy a threaded barrel & suppressor night sights for my current 320C it isn't that much more to just buy a new suppressor ready 320C.
I will also attest to the difficulty finding a reasonably priced threaded barrel. I had to call at least 20 different Elite dealers to find ONE in stock at or below MSRP. There were a few who wanted $240+ for them and no way i was paying 30% more than MSRP for one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts