SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned in my intro to the forum, I’m brand loyal to a fault. This is the kind of sucker product I couldn’t resist.

I own a Wheeler and really only use either for small tinkering. Yes, even after buying this at a discount, I still overpaid. Some things we just have to have.

But… I find it ridiculous that Sig won’t put a single thing in the packaging. I was just looking for something like “use this pin for this function and this slot to do such and such.” Instead, there was nothing. They were just like, “here’s your damn bench block, good luck.” lol.

I’m sure this is liability related, but it would be nice if there was a small amount of documentation for us weekend project guys.

Anyone have thoughts on some of this stuff on the block? Would love to not use it for 20 years, then realize some function was already there that I didn’t realize.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t doubt that either, seems more liability related though. I’m not flying across the country to take a class. There are plenty of YouTube disassembly / reassembly videos that work great, but I want to use this block also.

They do offer a course here in my home town but it’s restricted to LE / LGS so I can’t take it.

Maybe I’ll pay a Sig Armorer to do a 5-10 min video run down of this particular block. Lol

Anyone here familiar with this P320 Bench Block? I know there are a hundred different ways to skin this cat, I’m just a little stuck on wanting to take advantage of and use the block I bought.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I don’t doubt that either, seems more liability related though. I’m not flying across the country to take a class. There are plenty of YouTube disassembly / reassembly videos that work great, but I want to use this block also.

They do offer a course here in my home town but it’s restricted to LE / LGS so I can’t take it.

Maybe I’ll pay a Sig Armorer to do a 5-10 min video run down of this particular block. Lol

Anyone here familiar with this P320 Bench Block? I know there are a hundred different ways to skin this cat, I’m just a little stuck on wanting to take advantage of and use the block I bought.
Those classes are given in locations all over the country. At times if not filled they might allow non-LE to take the course. Many times those courses are sponsored by the department or shop itself. So any vacant seats costs them. There is nothing in the course that is a big secret.

Can't hurt to ask.

The M17/18 courses are restricted though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We actually have one tomorrow here, but it’s restricted and “no seats available.”

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
12,085 Posts

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
12,085 Posts
Thanks. That’s where I was getting my info also. Unfortunately, I’d have to fly somewhere which raises the cost considerably.
There's always next year too!

Until then, I would suggest the next best thing. While I'm not sure what all that Armorers Block will, or can do, from general appearances, it just helps to hold the FCU, while disassembling, and assembling it.

The Sig Armorer has his own version of a block, which the Sig Guy has a video for it's use. (91) Armorer’s block by The Sig Armorer - YouTube You may want to watch it, and compare the cavities on the Sig Armorers Block compares to yours. And how to use them for their intended use.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Thanks. That’s where I was getting my info also. Unfortunately, I’d have to fly somewhere which raises the cost considerably.
Maybe contact the Sig Master Dealers within driving distance?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe contact the Sig Master Dealers within driving distance?
Im not familiar with “Sig Master Dealers.” Being in the Los Angeles area, I’m sure they would probably have something around such a populous area as this. I’ll have to look up what a Sig Master Dealer is though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Sig Armorer has his own version of a block, which the Sig Guy has a video for it's use. (91) Armorer’s block by The Sig Armorer - YouTube You may want to watch it, and compare the cavities on the Sig Armorers Block compares to yours. And how to use them for their intended use.
Good call. I bought his block too just to try and I love it. Very smart tool. Not sure I’ll keep both, but even if I sell 1 at a $10-15 loss it’s still worth it for the experience of trying it, being familiar with, learning what I like and don’t like about it. Just a little rental fee. Lol.

The Sig Armorer tool was cheap enough that it’s worth it just to have laying around, can’t say the same for Sig’s block, so I’m trying to learn it’s value.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Im not familiar with “Sig Master Dealers.” Being in the Los Angeles area, I’m sure they would probably have something around such a populous area as this. I’ll have to look up what a Sig Master Dealer is though.
Search for Dealers on Sig’s website - but CA, so I don’t have a clue.

Reactions: User353444

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought this for $89 plus tax. After everything I’m reading here, I don’t see the value in keeping it. If anything, I’ll get the Gray Guns one which does more for half the price. Or I can use my generic wheeler.

Does anyone else have a recommendation?

Gray Guns vs. Wheeler or other. I’m probably only gonna use it 3-4 times a year so there’s another consideration as well.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Those classes are given in locations all over the country. At times if not filled they might allow non-LE to take the course. Many times those courses are sponsored by the department or shop itself. So any vacant seats costs them. There is nothing in the course that is a big secret.

Can't hurt to ask.

The M17/18 courses are restricted though.
I have been trying to find a P365 and P320 class that I could attend within a "reasonable" distance.

I live in eastern Washington and there were LE classes offered on the west side. I called Sig and they gave me the contact information for their training officer. I called and followed up with an email. He replied about a month before the classes and said they could not accommodate me. Didn't really say why, but registration was not full.

Months later LE classes were offered in Spokane. I called and asked if I could attend if there were vacancies. Flat out said "No".

I didn't really expect them to allow civilians, but I was hopeful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts