SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have my eye on a new Sig P238 Sport because they are selling for less than $450 shipped on Gun Broker right now. There are so many different styles and combinations of the P238 and I noticed that this Sport model is the least expensive. I have been trying to find information on the differences between the models but it has proved to be difficult. Anyway, can anyone tell me why the Sport model is so much cheaper than the other models? Is it less of a quality gun? Is the slide and frame made of cheaper, inferior materials? I did try searching the forum for my answers but did not have any luck.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!:)

·
Registered
427 Posts
My guess is they thought they would sell well and made a bunch of them. Or they had extra parts of a certain color so the 'sport' is what they ended up with when assembled. Only the HD model has a different frame material (stainless). Slides are all stainless. Things that differ between the models are color and grips. And IIRC the Equinox has a different set of sights.

Personally if color is a moot point for you I wouod find the grip style you like and look for a deal on a P238 that comes with 2 or 3 magazines as alot of them only come with one these days. And Sig is mighty proud of them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sand. That is another selling point for the Sport. It comes with 2 mags, a six rounder and the seven rounder extended mag. Seems like an excellent deal. It also has the Hogue grip that I already use on some of my other guns and I really like it. ;)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Grips, sights, and color(s) are the only differences (w/ the exception of the stainless frame on the HD).

My "Sport" came from Palmetto state w/ rubber grips and a TFO front sight. I put on rosewood grips and changed the front sight to a regular Siglite. That made it into the "Rosewood" model.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did see the deals on the Sport models that come with 3 mags, but from what I saw, they are like $100 more. I can pick up another mag on ebay for $35.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
It's actually a buy group exclusive. Sig made a bunch of them for a single entity that distributes to a number of dealers throughout the country. The buy groups typically roll on leaner margins since they don't actually touch the product. It all ships direct, hence the lower pricing. Don't let the price concern you...buy with confidence!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Both of mine came with 3 mags but that was a year or so ago

Reactions: Garman

·
Registered
28 Posts
This might be worth looking at. This is at Sportman's Outdoor Superstore on line.

Sig Sauer P238 Two-Tone 380 ACP Centerfire Pistol with Viridian R5 Red Laser

What's in the Box

Sig Sauer P238 Two-Tone Pistol
Viridian Reactor 5 Laser Sight
(2) Batteries for Laser
Laser Adjustment Tool
(1) Flush-Fitting Magazine
(2) Magazines with Finger Grip Extension
Viridian Reactor Holster for Sig P238
Cable Lock
Owner's Manual

The listed price is $539.99 and free shipping

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.