SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Sig friends, long time lurker, first post! Have any of you ran Sellier and bellot through your 40 caliber p229? How do you like it? I generally run federal, speer, or Pmc. Found a solid deal on the S&B considering the times and bought 1000 rounds of it. I’ve put it through my MP9 on several occasions and it ran great. Give me your thoughts!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hello Sig friends, long time lurker, first post! Have any of you ran Sellier and bellot through your 40 caliber p229? How do you like it? I generally run federal, speer, or Pmc. Found a solid deal on the S&B considering the times and bought 1000 rounds of it. I’ve put it through my MP9 on several occasions and it ran great. Give me your thoughts!
I've tried some of it in a P239 and it seemed inconsistent. I don't have a chronograph to confirm this but POI would occasionally change drastically and recoil didn't always feel the same. The weak recoil was always on one of the flyers so I don't think it was me. Probably OK as range ammo as long as you expect wierd results!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried some of it in a P239 and it seemed inconsistent. I don't have a chronograph to confirm this but POI would occasionally change drastically and recoil didn't always feel the same. The weak recoil was always on one of the flyers so I don't think it was me. Probably OK as range ammo as long as you expect wierd results!
Gotcha. Any malfunctions, ftf, fte, etc? Seems to have such mixed results, everything I’ve ever shot it in has been great but considering that 1k round box was $500 bucks i obviously want to feel good about my decision lol

·
Banned
909 Posts
Hello from Georgia, welcome aboard.

Any manufacturer's ammo is ok for practice these days. Some minor consistencies will be there but if it is just practice, no issue it is practice.

Carry ammo not so much.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Gotcha. Any malfunctions, ftf, fte, etc? Seems to have such mixed results, everything I’ve ever shot it in has been great but considering that 1k round box was $500 bucks i obviously want to feel good about my decision lol
I only ran about 100 rounds of it and there were no malfunctions

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I’ve run some SB 357 Sig through my 229 with no issues. If you can, find some PPU Prvi Partisan ammo and try it. Their 38 super ammo is really good.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome from PA!

I've run S&B 40 (165 and 180 grain) thru my P229. No problems or issues at all. Your ammo should be GTG.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Keep waiting for sig to add a -9 to my favorite 9mm ammo. Seems they still can't find enough model numbers to go around with the calibers

·
Banned
597 Posts
S&B makes some of the best ammo out there iMHO. It is loaded to NATO specs. runs clean and is clean. For hole punching, it is my go to ammo. FWIW.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
If I were you, I'd buy a new Sig barrel in 357 Sig, use that round for SD and never look back!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
It has been quite a while but I have used their 9mm (don't remember the grain count) and it never gave a problem.

·
Banned
904 Posts
S&B is good stuff. I have used it extensively in 9mm, some in .40.

Thus far my 229's and 226's (both currently have the .40 barrels) have had no hiccups with any ammo I have fed it. I am hoping for the same outcome with .357 and 9mm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts