SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy so Sig's new M11-A1 is my first Sig purchase. I want to love this gun. I don't mind the hype about it being a 228 or 229, In my opinion it is an upgraded gun made from better materials. However besides that point, I have had a little trouble with the extraction of a few rounds..
Heres the exact details
Out of about 700 rounds I have probably had around 6 to 8 FTE's. I don't think that is a lot but that concerns me and I don't want it too. These FTE's are far and few in between. I Had about 1 after shooting 200 rds (gun uncleaned (yes I know)) Did a light cleaning fired 50 rds had 3 FTEs switching also the magazines too one's NIB. After another 50 had 1 more FTE, Then I got serious. Broke the gun down and magazines down, scrubbed and applied plenty of CLP. Fired about 250 rounds had another FTE. Cleaned gun again fired 100 no problems, Then I cleaned it again and put some grease on the rails (not excessive) and today fired about 50 rounds, then right at 52 and had another FTE... Very frustrating.

To describe these FTE's.. FTE 1-4, the bullet second in line to feed was pushed by the slide directly onto the fired casing (still stuck in barrel) The bullet was actually touching the bottom of that casing (made me think it was a mag problem). The Last 2 (to 3) FTE's have resulted in the casing just not being extracted and the second bullet being lodged right underneath the un-extracted casing. These cases are not stuck in the barrel in any serious way they are easy to pull out...

I just don't know why this is occurring. I have several Ideas of what could be the problem but I just don't know what to think. I bought this Sig to Replace my FNX-9mm but it never had a single extraction issue. I want to Love this sig but I carry daily, and need to know that I can trust this firearm for all 15 shots. Any thought's, Ideas, solutions, (even you telling me that's no big deal) would be great.

Thanks Sig community

Attachments

·
Registered
55,783 Posts
could be an ejector or extractor problem, does it happen with all varieties of ammo?

welcome from az

Reactions: Jbrown

·
Registered
385 Posts
This is a brand new gun. Call them, return it. Show them the same pics you have shown us, and tell them exactly what you just told us. DO NOT try to fix it yourself......You will void warrenty that way.

I'd hate to be in your shoes. My carry guns must be 100%. Nothing destroys my confidence in a gun like a malfunction. Even one. Luckily, most of my firearms have been very reliable. Never had a problem out of the three tokarevs I own, the makarov I carry is 100%, and thus far my new to me west german sigs are 100%.

·
Registered
10 Posts
call Sig and get a repair order number. than send it back UPS. the turn around time is about 7 days and their work is very, very good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys, I really appreciate the feedback. I called sig and they said they would take it back and try to "replicate" the problem. My fear is that they won't be able too. Kind of ticks me off. They say 7-10 FTE's are not that big of a problem. I am sorry but one FTE could be the biggest problem of my life if, I had to use my gun for defense.

Im with ruskiegunlover in that I want my carry gun to be 100%. I have carried an FNX 9mm previously and never had a problem with that, ha and that was 50%of what this gun cost me. Anyway, Ill send it back to sig and prayerfully Ill have a truly reliable gun I can trust.

I appreciate the feedback lets hope they fix it!!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Have you inspected the chamber for any type of burrs or obstructions or checked the fte cases for any defects or gouges that may indicate any other problems?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did, no abnormalities in either the barrel or on the casing. THe extractor definitely looked to have at leased made contact with the casing, but no obvious problem marks were left.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Wait, Sig said 7-10 FTE's is OK? I could not disagree more. Guns are TOOLS, and we expect tools to work 100% of the time, or only fail with poor maintanence or extreme age, or both. This gun has niether.

All of my Sigs are older. They need to fix this for you stat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Guys, I really appreciate the feedback. I called sig and they said they would take it back and try to "replicate" the problem. My fear is that they won't be able too. Kind of ticks me off. They say 7-10 FTE's are not that big of a problem. I am sorry but one FTE could be the biggest problem of my life if, I had to use my gun for defense.

Im with ruskiegunlover in that I want my carry gun to be 100%. I have carried an FNX 9mm previously and never had a problem with that, ha and that was 50%of what this gun cost me. Anyway, Ill send it back to sig and prayerfully Ill have a truly reliable gun I can trust.

I appreciate the feedback lets hope they fix it!!
None of the sigs, colts, or glocks that I own have had 7 to 10 FTE's combined.

If that was my first sig and I had that problem and they gave me that reply I'd sell that sig and never buy another sig ever again. That is a crap reply from customer service. Its almost like they are calling you a liar to your face or admitting that their product is crap.

My M11-A1 has been flawless so hopefully they fix it for you and you can enjoy your M11-A1 and have confidence in its reliability.

·
Registered
275 Posts
it's like having my local USPS supervisor call me a liar and tell me that there is nothing i can do when they lost my package...feeling helpless...

your M11A1 has to perform 110%. my P228 performs 100%...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Agree with last few posts. Any gun coming out of Sig's factory should have the expectation of 100%, out of the box. I have sent my P220 back to Sig when it had issues and they were very responsive and turned the gun around to me in less than 4 days (not including shipping times). I have experience to believe they will take care of you.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I expect my M11-A1 to be as reliable as a Glock. My son had one FTE with it at about 120 rounds. I don't know the circumstances except we went from 115gr to 124gr and back to 115gr. He is famous for letting his thumb ride the slide, although he is a better shot than I can ever hope to be. The gun has been nothing but solid for me, and I expect 100% from here out. 7 to 10 FTEs is ridiculous. If that is their standard, the gun should cost about $200.

I have talked to two people at Sig CS so far. One was a great guy, and the other made it pretty clear he would rather you hadn't called . . . a jerk. Hope you have good luck with the outcome. I really do think it is a great pistol and that yours can be corrected.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I expect my M11-A1 to be as reliable as a Glock. My son had one FTE with it at about 120 rounds. I don't know the circumstances except we went from 115gr to 124gr and back to 115gr. He is famous for letting his thumb ride the slide, although he is a better shot than I can ever hope to be. The gun has been nothing but solid for me, and I expect 100% from here out. 7 to 10 FTEs is ridiculous. If that is their standard, the gun should cost about $200.

I have talked to two people at Sig CS so far. One was a great guy, and the other made it pretty clear he would rather you hadn't called . . . a jerk. Hope you have good luck with the outcome. I really do think it is a great pistol and that yours can be corrected.
My dad had the same FTF/FTE experience with his M11-A1. SIG told him to put more rounds through it, which he did. Same result. He sent it back to SIG and they polished the ramp and did a few minor adjustments. Got it back in about a week. Haven't had any failures since. They put about 50 rounds of Aguila ammo through it, which I hear is horrible. Runs like a champ now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Again thanks for the posts. I agree with the previous posts in that this should NOT be the case. I did talk to two sig reps and one was awesome and the other was indeed a jerk. Regardless hopefully when the pistol comes back there won't be an issue, I have decided I will just keep sending it back till its right. I am really encouraged by some of you having the same problem and it being resolved. Again this pistol must be 110% I probably wouldn't sell it because again I just simply want to love it.

Thanks again for your posts, I will keep posting the status of this pistol once its returned, and once I get some sufficient firing time in.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have had zero problems with mine. It is probably the best weapon I own. I did have some significant issues with another Sig I bought new though. I returned it to the store I bought it from and they sent it to Sig no questions asked. It took about 5 weeks to get it back but it has been flawless ever since and it cost me nothing. I have to agree though, Sigs customer support over the phone is hit or mostly miss.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts