SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will sig have a nice sale similar to the rebate in the m&p line and free springfields accessories?

I wanted to hold out in case they released one before the rebate ends for SW but I'm getting restless

·
Registered
323 Posts
Sometimes they have done a summer deal where they give you free magazines and cases and things like that. I don't remember ever seeing an actual rebate.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,011 Posts
Will sig have a nice sale similar to the rebate in the m&p line and free springfields accessories?

I wanted to hold out in case they released one before the rebate ends for SW but I'm getting restless
I have found rebates are normally a sign of an "overstock", of a particular model. When I bought my M11A1, I received a $100 rebate from the LGS, and essentially the pistol was actually about 2 years old.
My relative short experience with retail was involvement post 2007, for about 7 years, so I'm no expert, by any means... just my opinion... and we all know about those...

Reactions: TXSouthpaw

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
There's nothing scheduled that they have shared at this point but you never know. My suggestion is that if you want a Smith and Wesson, go buy it. The prices right now are too good to pass up. Anything Sig gives would be moderate at best.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Generally speaking, businesses don't run sales on products if they're already selling out at full price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sure see the logic in what you're saying, but I can think of tons of examples where the opposite was true. For instance, the M&P is an extremely popular pistol, I see no reason S&W would need to offer rebates on them.

Canon DSLR's and lenses are probably the best example of all, those things fly off the shelves and Canon are constantly offering rebates on their best selling bodies and lenses.

The R1200GS has been BMW's best selling motorcycle since 2012, dealers can hardly keep them in stock, and yet BMW offers rebates of one sort or another almost monthly.

So again, although I agree with your logic, I just don't see it always happening that way in real life.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
There is a reason S&W has to pay people to buy their guns. :devil: :beerhat:

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I sure see the logic in what you're saying, but I can think of tons of examples where the opposite was true. For instance, the M&P is an extremely popular pistol, I see no reason S&W would need to offer rebates on them.
Because they made way too many hedging their bets on a Hillary win. They had to do something to get rid of the inventory and this was it. Mission accomplished although they did completely devalue their brand.

Cameras and vehicles are different because they come out with new models every year and have to move old stock before it becomes obsolete. Unless Sig is sitting on way too many guns in their factory (which isn't the case) you will not see them partake in any of the current madness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.