SIG Talk banner
741 - 760 of 782 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here's my only Sig Riffle so far (waiting for the MPX PCC) a 716 Sport/Patrol with a Finnish made Alfa Ultra tele 300mm (12") silencer. Pretty good match IMO, there's a 7/32" gap to the gasport adjustment nut. It's not for puppies but for a men it'll work :) Centre of mass is closer to the shooter than in non telescoping silencers. Will go and test it tomorrow for the first time after 3gun training. Sorry for the Vortex scope, I'll upgrade it with some 1-6 Kahles optics in the future. Vertical grip is only a hand stop and I'll believe that I'll move to AFG to protect fingers being burnt in gasport.
@Finmach1, any chance of starting a thread in NFA with more information about your telescoping silencer? Never heard of such a creature.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Figured I should post this here, as it was this forum that helped me figure out and narrow down to the exact WPMPX sku that I wanted this time last year. Started off as a pistol with the annoying helicopter brace. One year later, it is an SBR rocking a kate moss stock, ILWT 4.5 barrel with keymo Wolfman, Streamlight HLX w/Arisaka adapter and Modbutton, and Aimpoint PRO. Thanks to yall!

Before:
View attachment 394830

After:
View attachment 394829

What bag is that?

·
🎖USN Veteran
Sig P220, P226, P227, P228, P365XL, P365XL, M400 TREAD, 716i TREAD, 516 G2 Patrol, MPX K
1,744 Posts
Picked up my 516 G2 Patrol rifle tonight. Still waiting on a sling, a Sig MSR, and an ambi charging handle to arrive. I added the TDI grip (which in have on all my AR’s/AK’s).

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Machine gun

Here’s a side-by-side with my M400 TREAD.

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Shotgun

·
🎖USN Veteran
Sig P220, P226, P227, P228, P365XL, P365XL, M400 TREAD, 716i TREAD, 516 G2 Patrol, MPX K
1,744 Posts
Well, I ended up putting the MSR on a different rifle, but outfitted the 516 with my Romeo 7. I also added a 2-point sling and the Phase 5 ambi charging handle.

Machine gun Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gas

Reactions: GLD1980 and KenBry

·
Registered
13 Posts
Please post pictures of your SIG rifles within this thread. Show us what you've got!
Sig Sauer m400 556/223 MOE enhanced. And according to the gentleman at the SIG academy here in New Hampshire, they no longer make this particular model. I found this one for 600 bucks used. Mint condition.
Wood Floor Flooring Machine Composite material

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
🎖USA Retired
440 Posts
That's not a firs gen 556, it's the second gen. No swiss parts unless they were swapped in.
That is a Gen1, and your wrong about Swiss parts, some did have swiss internals but are rare. Clues to look for, the handguard, the stock folding adapter and magazine with clip in for a second mag and lower to stock hinge adapter. All tell signs of which generation.
This is a first gen 556.
Also a first gen but with a classic gen2 handguard.
Old thread but adding info as there's a lot of wrong info out there on the Sig 556.
Hogue makes a more vertical pistol grip for the 556 series if one doesn't like steep angled one.
You too are contributing some of the wrong info bud. Good shout out on the Hogue though.

Here's where you want to go to learn all things 556. Unfortunately the sight died down when the 556 died off but there is still useful information.
SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum
Here is a 556RG2 7.62x39
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

741 - 760 of 782 Posts