SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the dovetails for a P220 and a P226 rear sight are not he same? I am trying to mount a Burris fastfire 3 on a Sig 220 hunter and Burris only list a base for a 226. I contacted them and the tech said I'd need to find out if the dovetails are the same.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,632 Posts
The dovetails are the same size, as Sig uses the same sights for 90% of their firearms, the only difference in some cases is the height. For a dovetail mounted aftermarket sight such as the Burris, the curvature of the top of the slide may be a little different. Looking at both my P220, and 2 P226 models, I can not notice any major differences. The .40 S&W P226 uses the same sight set as the P220, and .40 S&W P229 if that helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need to ask a dumb question . First time sig owner I bought the two tone ultra 1911. Do you need to use a sight push tool or can you use a punch and hammer to adjust the rear sight? Thanks spent to much money to screw this up lol

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey bblr, can you recommend a good sight tool/pusher. I was looking forward through a Brownells catalog and there's quite a selection, some are very expensive. Do you have to pay 200.00 plus to get a good one?

·
Registered
17,781 Posts
You don't have to pay that much. I bought this one a ways back and have done a bunch of Sigs, Glocks, Springfields and others with it.

I recommend it highly. It's bulletproof and won't break under pressure like some pushers do. Get the version with the adapter to do just about any gun that exists. That's what I have.

Sight Pusher - Sight Pusher Sight Pusher

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You don't have to pay that much. I bought this one a ways back and have done a bunch of Sigs, Glocks, Springfields and others with it.

I recommend it highly. It's bulletproof and won't break under pressure like some pushers do. Get the version with the adapter to do just about any gun that exists. That's what I have.

Ordered, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Just an update, got the sight pusher in and love it, I got all the different blocks and it works very well. I don't see why you would ever need anything else,thanks for the link.

·
Registered
40 Posts
... I am trying to mount a Burris fastfire 3 on a Sig 220 hunter and Burris only list a base for a 226.
New member and I did a search on the Burris mount on a P220 and your thread was my main hit.
So did you successfully get this mounted and how is it working so far?
Easy to zero in? Any issues with the mount coming loose?

If everything is OK, do you have any pics?

Thanks!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,632 Posts
New member and I did a search on the Burris mount on a P220 and your thread was my main hit.

Thanks!
bootman, you may want to send him a PM, since this is an older thread... but if I remember correctly, his P220 Hunter had an adjustable rear sight, which is an entirely a different dovetail, and that subject was discussed in another thread. I don't remember the outcome, or if it was reported.

In reference to your specific request, do you have fixed or adjustable sights, you are wanting to fit a mount to?

You may try EGW, as they have mounts for several different brands of optics..

Scope Mounts & Rings: EGW Gun Parts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thanks!
I got it mounted without any problems. You can order the bases from Burris for your particular gun. You just have to remove the rear sight and add the Fastfire base. Or you can have it machined if you want to make it co witness or just want the sight lower . I'm really not a red dot guy, they take some getting used to but had no problems with sighting it in whatsoever.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Thanks!
I got bases for both the 220 hunter and Glock .23, I wound up putting it on the Glock. I torqued it to specifications and had no problems with it coming loose. It is very accurate. I'll try and get you a picture, not had a lot of luck posting pics though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
bootman, you may want to send him a PM, since this is an older thread... but if I remember correctly, his P220 Hunter had an adjustable rear sight, which is an entirely a different dovetail, and that subject was discussed in another thread. I don't remember the outcome, or if it was reported.

In reference to your specific request, do you have fixed or adjustable sights, you are wanting to fit a mount to?

You may try EGW, as they have mounts for several different brands of optics..

Scope Mounts & Rings: EGW Gun Parts
I have the P220 Combat waiting for me.
It has fixed sights.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the P220 Combat waiting for me.
It has fixed sights.
I got into contact with Burris and they assured me the base had they have listed for the 226 will fit the hunter 220. Might want to contact them about the combat, good luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.