SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Banned
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Image from CheaperThanDirt.com

"Cheaper Than Dirt!" is a website title that most shooters should recognize, as it's a good source for firearms, ammunition, gear, and supplies. The site also maintains a blog that will sometimes throw a review up for consideration.

This morning a post-mortem review for the Sig Pro SP2022 appeared on the site, and gave the polymer-framed handgun a glowing write-up for its accuracy and reliability.

You can see the entire review here: CheaperThanDirt.com

·
Registered
136 Posts
txshurricane

That is fantastic. I didn't do so well with my SP2022. Looks like I need some practice. I picked mine up through CDNN Sports.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Txshurricane, Now you know why all of us that have them, Love them. :lol:
It may be plastic, but it is still a SIG.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Good news indeed. I'm glad such a fine handgun is getting some well deserved publicity.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I bought mine after months of research into handguns. It was superior over all the options available to me that fit my criteria.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and am glad to see that I chose a fine firearm for my first Sig, ( SP 2022). One question about it though. slide to frame rattle, is this common in this particular model, or is this something I should be concerned about. Didn't really notice it when I picked it up but when I got it home and was handling it more I could here it. Also can see a little bit of lateral play between the slide and frame. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and am glad to see that I chose a fine firearm for my first Sig, ( SP 2022). One question about it though. slide to frame rattle, is this common in this particular model, or is this something I should be concerned about. Didn't really notice it when I picked it up but when I got it home and was handling it more I could here it. Also can see a little bit of lateral play between the slide and frame. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Never really noticed it until you brought it up, so I just checked. Yeah, I have the tiniest bit of lateral play in mine as well.

Enough so if I wave the gun back in forth I can just hear it. Never bothered me and it sure doesn't seem to impact its accuracy/functioning.

I guess if I had noticed it I would have assumed this is just part of the tolerances in locked breech semi auto handguns.

If more experienced gun owners want to chime in I'm all ears, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I have slide and frame rattle. Barrel locks up tight, though, that's what counts. One ragged hole at 10 yards.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I've been reading a lot about the SP2022 on here since I've joined the forum. Its making me wanna jump back onto another polymer gun! I went with the 226 to get away from polymer because I haven't been able to find anything on the life expectancy of the polymer frames in contrast to a steel or alloy frame. I own 2 polymer frame at the moment. A S&W Sigma 9mm and a Springfield XDm .45. The 226 is the first non-polymer I've owned but I can't beat the affordability of the "plastic" frames when the moneys tight. If anyone knows or has an idea of how long the polymer frames might last I'd appreciate hearing from you.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The durability is quite high with the sig design, but time will tell. There are glocks with a quarter million rounds through them. I'd expect the same from the 2022.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I find it is common in most autos, the main concern is the barrel and slide. The fitting on barrel to slide is what counts because thats where your accuracy comes in to play. All sigs are usually really tight fitting here, thats why the smileys are so common.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone know I've found a compony that makes really nice holsters for the sp2022. I ordered the black mamba ce with the custom shape for my tlr-1 streamlight. The holster is the combat edition and they ship out 5-7 days affter order. He can special make anything that u guys may have. Mine is black cowhide and kydex. If anyone interested, I can direct yall to his website. Concealment Solutions.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts