SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1911 > All
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info or experience with these guns? From what I understand they are a polymer framed gun. Other than that I am reliant on what I read from reviews. Southern Ohio Gun has some used ones for $350 with night sights. Not sure if that is a good price or what. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have been darn curious about this myself. However, for $350, I'm damn interested! I've been reading a lot of reviews lately, trying to figure where I'm going with my next pistol, which of course will be a SIG. Just don't know what flavor yet. This was an interesting review I want to share in the meantime... http://lundestudio.c...o-review-2.html

the link isn't working, so google "SIG pro 2340 review by Don Palmer"

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have been darn curious about this myself. I've been reading a lot of reviews lately, trying to figure where I'm going with my next pistol. which of course will be a SIG, just don't know what flavor yet. This was an interesting review I want to share in the meantime... http://lundestudio.c...o-review-2.html
Bad link.

·
1911 > All
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the search info. I guess nobody has any personal experience with it eh?

I know why the link is not working. The bug with the site that puts SIG in All caps is killing the link

·
Registered
165 Posts
The SP2340 is almost the same gun as the SP2022 along with the SP2009 Just minor things are different .

I love the 2022 and it is the one GO TO GUN I own.

You will find very few who have owned these guns not like them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have any info or experience with these guns? From what I understand they are a polymer framed gun. Other than that I am reliant on what I read from reviews. Southern Ohio Gun has some used ones for $350 with night sights. Not sure if that is a good price or what. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I've been looking for someone who had or ever had a SP 2340. I don't find anyone, so I guess I have the only one.I've had it for sometime and shoot it once or twice a month. I have to say, this is one of the nicest pistols I have ever owned. I shoot @25 or 40 yards and reload my ammo and this 2340 shoots inside a 4" pattern @ 40 yards and never fails!

When I bought it, I asked the guy in the gun shop what he had, used but fine cond in a 40S&W. He handed me this weapon and I left the store with it in hand. It felt so good even though it was a lot heavier than my Tupper Ware gun (9mm). If I had it to do again, I'd buy another. The only draw back is the rail but I don't do to much tactical stuff anyway.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think it's one of the finest polymer handguns made, especially for the price. They make Glocks feel cheap by comparison. I've had mine for 3 years, and it's still my "go to" gun. Accurate and easy on the hand, even with 180 gr. or +P ammo. Sig has a new slimmer grip panel for it that takes some of the bulk out and makes it even more comfortable. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a top quality, affordable handgun.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sorry I didn't get to this thread yesterday.

Yeah I have a couple SigPros.

The SP2340 is my favorite ( I prefer its looks over the SP2022) as I'm not a fan of the rail on the 2022.

The SigPro is touted as having the best DA/SA trigger of any standard Sig....I can't speak to that claim.

I can say that If I had to thread a needle with a bullet the Sig I'd pull out of my safe is my SP2340 in .357sig.

That trigger with that round if unbelieveably accurate. I can not say it enough, unbelieveably accurate! !

The weapon can feel unbalanced when empty but thats normal for a Polymer pistol.

Some complain of a rattle sound when the mag is less than full ( like the P228 ) , one of mine does this and its rounds in the mag not the pistol.

Take down is diffrent and more difficult than any P-Series Sig.

I paid $395 for the Blue Line SP2340 and I'd do it again today if I didn't already enough SigPros. I would recomend getting one in. .40S&W as the mags work for both .40S&W and .357Sig, then all you do is buy the .357sig drop in barrel and you have two great options.

FYI;

The Blue Line Sig was a LEO/ Military Only pistol put out durring the Brady/ Clinton Gun Ban era. It has a message pritned on the Mag stating "for LEO / Military or export use only." I like it as a touchstone to failed experiment by the anti-gun liberals.

·
Registered
265 Posts
They are really nice looking pistols!! What is it with the Accuracy of the Sig Pro?? I cut the same hole all the time. Most of the time, I can cover the 10 shot group with a quarter, sometimes with a dime. I seriously have NEVER had any pistol that was this accurate. I wonder what the trick is? Excepty for my Bersa Thunder, that my wife keeps handy, I've seen none other that can match it. That Bersa is about as close to 1 hole at 21 feet as you can get. Both seem to have well defined rifling in the bore and both seem to have a very polished rifle bore. Perhaps there is something else, but, when you ask for accurate, the word to you should be "Sig".

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been looking for someone who had or ever had a SP 2340. I don't find anyone, so I guess I have the only one.I've had it for sometime and shoot it once or twice a month. I have to say, this is one of the nicest pistols I have ever owned. I shoot @25 or 40 yards and reload my ammo and this 2340 shoots inside a 4" pattern @ 40 yards and never fails!

When I bought it, I asked the guy in the gun shop what he had, used but fine cond in a 40S&W. He handed me this weapon and I left the store with it in hand. It felt so good even though it was a lot heavier than my Tupper Ware gun (9mm). If I had it to do again, I'd buy another. The only draw back is the rail but I don't do to much tactical stuff anyway.
I actually have this gun and have never fired it. Not once. Fortunately for me, I have 2 95 lb Pits that are my first line of defense in case someone decides to break into my house.

I bought this gun years ago. It has two grips and two mags with case. I just liked the feel of the gun so I bought it/

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought a 2340 in .40 about 7-8 years ago new through a Gunsmith client of mine for a wholesale cost that was a real steal. Since I have large hands I love the different grips that came with the gun and have put the larger one on for my use.

This gun as not getting enough rounds through it until about a year ago when I took it out to test some reloads and was amazed at the accuracy and ease of shooting as well as the comfort when pushing some warm reloads.

Since then it has a lot more rounds through it and is now my HD shooter loaded with Fed HST +P 180g.

I'm now looking for a 2022 in 9mm but cannot get past the rail. That rail ends up being tough on holsters and I have no plans to use it, hence the challenge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the first gun I've ever bought and like someone mentioned above, when I held it in my hand at the gun shop, it just felt right! I've fired different version of glocks (19, 22, 23, etc) but they didn't quite feel ergonomic enough in my hand. Also, I really like the decocker feature on these guns because my wife was a little weary about having a gun in the house with our kids but, after taking her to the shooting range and showing her how to handle it, she now appreciates it. The rail doesn't really bother me and since it's too big to carry for conceal, I guess I'll have to buy a compact gun now. Any suggestions for a carry and conceal Sig model??

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought a 2340 in .40 about 7-8 years ago new through a Gunsmith client of mine for a wholesale cost that was a real steal. Since I have large hands I love the different grips that came with the gun and have put the larger one on for my use.

This gun as not getting enough rounds through it until about a year ago when I took it out to test some reloads and was amazed at the accuracy and ease of shooting as well as the comfort when pushing some warm reloads.

Since then it has a lot more rounds through it and is now my HD shooter loaded with Fed HST +P 180g.

I'm now looking for a 2022 in 9mm but cannot get past the rail. That rail ends up being tough on holsters and I have no plans to use it, hence the challenge.
Bluescot,

I know it's not new but TGS has used Swiss Police Sp2009 without the rail for $379.95

Sig Sauer SIGPRO SP2009 | Used Guns For Sale

1 - 13 of 13 Posts