SIG Talk banner
5301 - 5320 of 5346 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
4 WEEKS is record time here in the Beautiful People's Republic of New Jersey. And anything less than a week for a NICS check is equally astounding.
Damn. I mean, the weather sucks in Texas. But everything else is just fine. If I want a gun, I walk in, throw down the cash, and take it home. I‘m not going to ******* wait for it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Damn. I mean, the weather sucks in Texas. But everything else is just fine. If I want a gun, I walk in, throw down the cash, and take it home. I‘m not going to *** wait for it.
My buddy moved from NJ to NC. He went to his local sporting goods store (almost all guns) and found 3 or 4 pistols he loved. He asked the clerk behind the counter about what he needs to do to get them all. Waiting period? Permits? Background check? The clerk looked at him quizzically and said, "No, you just take them all up front to the register and pay the cashier." o_O We NJ guys have a hard time getting our minds around the lack of red tape and stupidity/hypocrisy in other states. He was also able to buy suppressors with the same difficulty of getting a fishing license in NJ. He giggled all the way home with his new guns.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Here’s my P229 Legion
View attachment 469752
THAT'S THE ONE!! That's what I'm looking at getting for my next SIG. I considered getting a more basic version and upgrading the things I want to improve but since the Legion already has them the higher price is well worth it. I see that's also the compact version, ideal for CCW. I have a standard P226 I love but it's not a concealed carry size pistol. I'm also a big fan of the DA/SA models. I can be comfortable with the SAO/1911 style action too, but for me the DA/SA is the pinnacle of design/performance.

·
Registered
123 Posts
THAT'S THE ONE!! That's what I'm looking at getting for my next SIG. I considered getting a more basic version and upgrading the things I want to improve but since the Legion already has them the higher price is well worth it. I see that's also the compact version, ideal for CCW. I have a standard P226 I love but it's not a concealed carry size pistol. I'm also a big fan of the DA/SA models. I can be comfortable with the SAO/1911 style action too, but for me the DA/SA is the pinnacle of design/performance.
I vacillated between the DASA and SAO for a couple days before deciding on this one, for two reasons. Once, it feels more ”229” to me, whether real or not. Two, the only other 229 I owned was DASA. Okay…3…I’ll probably get another one, or maybe a 226, in SAO.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I thought it might be useful to lay them out together for comparison:
r/SigSauer - Comparative layout of SIG DA/SA P22X handguns
Left to right: P224 SAS --- ---- -- P229 --- ---- ---- Mk25 (P226) --- ----- ---- P227 Nitron

r/SigSauer - Comparative layout of SIG DA/SA P22X handguns
Left to right: P227 Carry ----------- P227 Nitron ---------- P227 Tactical

Please excuse the poor lighting - especially on the right hand side of the photo.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Photograph Vertebrate White Air gun Green

Reactions: Eric357
5301 - 5320 of 5346 Posts