SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just ordered a P938 Extreme with hopes of making it my EDC. After ordering it I started reading some forums on it I feel very defeated. For every person that says they love it there is someone who hates it. I'm looking for first hand experiences with the firearm so I know what to expect before I take it to the range. Thank you all.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Love mine. Shoots extremely straight for what it is. Wears me out though, I'm not going back to my long range rifles after 100 rounds of shooting plates with my 938.
I have had no issues yet. Approx 1100 rds, have not been to the range with it in a month. Breaking in some others at the moment.

·
🎖USN Veteran
6,816 Posts
I picked one up about a month ago and found out that the grips and main spring housing were too aggressive for me. Shipped it back to Sig and had them install a standard MSH and Rosewood grips. Now it feels great. Accurate and reliable so far.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't think you'll be unhappy. The P938's I've run work great, their owners have no real complaints, and they do what their meant to do. Take care of your gun and it will take care of you, if you need it.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I bought one lightly used and it has functioned flawlessly with everything I've fed it from several brands of cheap range ammo to different brands & weights of jhp carry ammo. There is no doubt that the P938 does sometimes have problems but keep in mind that a way higher % of people will post about problems than will people who don't have problems. If you do have issues, which I doubt you will, Sig will take care of you. So, you can stop worrying now.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I have a 938 brg. It is very accurate at 10 plus yards. Not a long range shooter. This gun has been very reliable for me. The biggest complaint seems to be with the 7 round magazine. People have trouble with them being released when firing the gun. Causing malfunctions. This has been address by Sig with a stronger mag release spring. No matter what you have there will people who don't like something about it. Nothing is exempt.

·
Registered
33 Posts
As tdubya said "keep in mind that a way higher % of people will post about problems than will people who don't have problems. If you do have issues, which I doubt you will, Sig will take care of you. So, you can stop worrying now."

I don't own a 938 (yet), but I do own several Sig firearms. I remember feeling similarly when reading about some peoples negative experiences with the 516, especially posts not on Sig forums. The vast majority of owners are happy but much less chatty, and many of the ones with issues were the result of operator error.

Welcome and congrats! Hope to read posts of you enjoying your purchase soon.
Bruce

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've carried mine for several years. It's accurate, reliable, and comfortable to shoot and carry. Having said that, I'm a Walther guy and I'm thinking about switching to a PPS M2. That might encourage me so shoot my small carry pistol more often. There's nothing wrong with the P938. It's just boring to shoot.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.